Add That to Your Vocabulary

To say things were awkward and tense now is a complete understatement. After our ‘incident’ Mikhail has been hiding away from me. It’s has been three days and I’ve literally not seen him or heard a single thing. When I had come back out of the bathroom that night I had found the room empty. I figured he just needed some time to be alone and so I didn’t think anything about it. When a day passed and I didn’t see him I had felt a little nervous that maybe I had overreacted and upset him. The second day I was asking the other enforcers where he was and they would give me short vague answers like, ‘he’s around’ and ‘I think I saw him earlier’ at that point I figured out he had told them to not tell me where he was if I asked. What was worse is he had told them to not let me leave the house so I was under guard pretty much twenty four seven and that really pissed me off. Today is the third day and I’m extremely on edge. I am nursing one mighty headache and I feel like if someone looks at me the wrong way I might snap. I mean my wolf was really starting to get on my nerves with the way she was moping around and whining at me to find her mate. 

Will you shut up? I don’t care anymore where he is and he clearly doesn’t care for us to know so drop it already. I mentally yelled at her. She growled at me, Your fault. You should have submitted to mate. Now he’s mad at us. I rolled my eyes, Well he can’t expect me to just submit when I don’t even know a single thing about him. He’s keeping secrets and I don’t like secrets. My wolf huffs at me, You keep secrets. I growl in irritation and quickly shut her out tired of the endless argument that was not going to change anything. 

I felt my anger come racing through me and I couldn’t hold it back as I slammed my fist down on to the kitchen counter, “You freaking stupid prideful pig-headed alpha personality having asshat!” I shouted to no one as I slammed my fist down again, “I hope you go for a run and get a thorn stuck in your paw and can’t get it out! Serve you right for leaving me trapped in this house for three days!” 

“Am I interrupting something?” I heard a girlish laughter. My head snap in the direction of the voice and I found Sarafina standing there looking very amused by my little temper tantrum. My cheeks rushed with heat, “How long have you been standing there?”

“Asshat—I like that. I’ll have to add that one to my vocabulary.” She says with a smirk. I look back down at my half eaten sandwich, “How did you get in here?” I ask her trying not to show that I was feeling a little anxious. I mean she was helping Eris and we all know how crazy that lady was. Plus I had watched her kill a vampire without even breaking a sweat. So to say I was a little anxious to be alone with her was an understatement. 

“I have my ways. Windows are equally good for entering or escaping—” she says with a wink as she moves closer towards the kitchen her eyes shifting to look around the room, “So how have things been little pup? Seems like you’ve got yourself into a little mess.” I gave her a look, “Yeah I may or may not have pissed off—“ She interrupted, “The asshat?” She questions with a smile. I snort a little, “Yeah, the king of the asshats to be exact.” Sarafina gives me a look like she understands what I’m talking about, “I knew a guy like that once—“ She comments as she looks down at her nails like she’s inspecting them. I lean into the counter, “Yeah? And how did you deal with it?” 

She looked back up to me with a dark smirk, “I ripped his heart out of his chest with my bare hand. A very satisfying ending to our relationship if I do say so myself…” Her words send a shudder through my body at that image, “What is wrong with you fey? Why are you always stabbing and ripping out hearts?” Sasha and Sarafina were definitely related. She shrugs her shoulders, “We just don’t like when people try to trap and control us. Push to many buttons and you could end up—very dead.” She says with a far away look as if she is going down her murder memory lane. Note to self, Sasha is the nice sister. 

“But you’re stuck with Eris—“ I stop short when she levels me with black eyes. I hold up my hands and let out a nervous laugh, “Please don’t rip out my heart?” Her eyes go back to the normal carmel brown. She snorted and readjusted her shirt, "I'm not going to kill you because that would defeat my purpose for coming here. Plus I'm not an idiot I don't want the--what did you call him again?" 

I blinked a couple times, "Asshat?" She snapped her fingers as if the lightbulb went off in her head, "Yes asshat--I really do need to remember that for the future--anyway I don't need your asshat coming after me with his pack of dogs. And he owes me a favor for saving your life why would I throw that away? who knows when that could be useful?" She explains to me. 

“How about this? How about you and I make a deal pup?” She raises her eyebrows in a questioning manner. I stare at her for a couple minutes, “What kind of deal?” I can honestly say that I don’t want to make any deals not after how I saw the deal with Victor turn out. She tilts her head, “I need to do something but it requires a certain set of skills. Skills that others and myself believe you may have. If you help me then I’ll give you something that you really want.” She stands there with her opened a bit as if she’s offered me a great deal but honestly it was pretty vague, which was the problem last time. 

“What is it that you think I really want?” I ask raising an eyebrow. She let her arms drop and her lips turned up into a wicked grin, “With you having so many unanswered questions about your past I thought it would be obvious. Why did your parents and pack have to die? Aren’t you the least bit curious, Elena?” My wolf growl inside of me and my heart began to race. This could all just be a big trick, she might be bluff but if she’s not bluffing and she really does have something worth telling me then I want to hear it. Feeling conflicted I finally make a decision, “Fine. It’s a deal, but I’m going to warn you now.” My eyes turn silver as my wolf rises to the surface, “It this is a trick or you’re lying then I’ll kill you.” I say without any emotion and the truth is I know I mean it. 

This comment seems to amuse her, “I could almost believe that you mean that.” Then she turns and walk away from me toward the laundry room. Looking back over her shoulder, “Time is of the essence. Unless you’d rather I leave you here to continue your ramblings from earlier?” I shake my head and walk out of the kitchen towards her. She eyes up the fact that I’m still wearing Mikhail’s clothes, “Also we’re going to have to do something about these while were out.” She plucks at the fabric of his shirt with disgust, “No wonder your asshat hasn’t returned…” Her comment makes me glare daggers into her back as she walks away. 

When we get into the laundry room I see the open window. She turns back to me with a seriousness, "Oh and Elena, this stay between us do you understand?" I stare at her for a minute and then I nod my head, "Alright." 

"That's a good doggie." She says in a baby talk voice as she pats me on my head as I just glare up at her.