An Unforeseen Enemy

We all sat  in the living of the clearly destroyed house tending to our wounds and trying to figure out what exactly had just happened to us. Sasha was the first one to point out the obvious, “I find it curious that we ended up getting attacked when you showed up Eris.” She winced when Gideon pulled a piece of glass from her arm where she had apparently been thrown through a window. She glare at him for a moment before focusing her attention back on Eris. Eris didn’t seem to care about the accusation, “You should know me better than that. If I really had helped in this attack at all, you would all be dead.” She says it like it’s a known fact and from what I’ve seen I can’t help to think that might be true. Gideon pulls out another piece of glass making her grab him by his shirt collar and I thought she might hit him but she relaxed and let go of him. 

“I guess we don’t need to know who was in charge of it anymore—“ Mikhail says bitterly as I try to put ointment on the burns from the silver. He looks down at me with dark eyes that slowly change into desire as he releases the fact that I’m on my knees in front of him. My cheeks heat up quickly and I look away from him. His hand move away from mine and then he’s picking me up and pulling me into his lap, “I’ll heal faster like this—“ He says pulling me close to his body. His face goes into the crook of my neck and he breathes in deeply and I incline my head to the side to give him better access to my neck. He growl and then bites me right there in front of everyone. 

I gently stroke his back as I hold on to him. He growls with approval against my skin and I feel calm as I knowing my blood is going to heal him. When his lower region gets hard and presses into me I stiffen and try to break his hold on me because we’re in a room full of people but he grips me tighter and growls low at my movement. He shifts against me and I realize his wolf is in control at the moment. I focus and pull on his energy bringing him back and he quickly lets go of me. He pulled back and looked down at me with an apologetic grin, “Sorry about that—“ 

I pulled myself up out of his lap feeling a little awkward with the fact that everyone had just seen something so private but no one seemed to comment on it probably because Mikhail would have killed them if they embarrassed me. Dante clears his throat, “So now what is the plan?” He asks, “I don’t think we should stay here for much longer. Who knows if they’ll send in more people.” Gideon and Brandt both nod there heads in agreement. 

“First there is something that you should know. Something that I discovered—“ Eris says before anyone else can speak. We all look to her and she continues, “The Vampire king has made some kind of deal with your Alpha the actual details aren’t completely certain but basically he said he would help him keep power in return for something but I haven’t figured out what it was before I had to come here for a rescue mission.” She said with a little annoyance. 

“The Vampire king? Who is that exactly? I mean other than the obvious.” I ask not really sure about to much because a lot of this world was new to me. Sasha and Sarafina share a secret glance between each other and it’s clear that they know about this topic. Eris leans back like a relaxed cat, “He’s not someone you want as an enemy that for sure.” She says with a tiny smile, like she has a secret. I looked around the room waiting for someone to actually give me something concrete on this person. When no one spoke up I sighed, “Seriously people? What is he like Voldemort, is he the one that shall not be named?” I ask sarcastically. 

Sasha levels me with a stare, “Hey’s the original guy—“