I Knew I Smelled Trouble (Part 1)

Picture of Gideon to the Right 

Enjoy the new chapter :P

---------------------------------------

I woke up to something tickling my ear. I tried to brush it away but when I realized my hands were tied together I groaned in frustration. Trying hard to free them but unable to do so. When I felt air tickling my ear again I opened my eyes and found Sasha blowing on me. I glared at her and she quickly stopped with a sheepish grin, “Good morning sunshine.” She says picking up her arms and waving them at me to show she was also bound up. I look away from her to see that we were sitting squeezed between Brandt and Dante. Both of whom look as though they are asleep at the moment. 

I look towards the front see and meet Mikhail’s eyes in the rearview mirror. I hold up my arms which are tied together at the wrists, “Was this really necessary?” I ask him in annoyance. His eyes seemed to lighten a bit as if he might find it amusing, “Perhaps not, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Wouldn’t you agree Gideon?” Gideon seems to grumbling something unintelligible but it sounded like, “Crazy woman…” Mikhail laughs a little and the sound is strange to me cause I didn’t think it was possible for him to do something so human. 

“Quit being such a baby. I only punched you.” Sasha spits at him. I looked over to her with wide eyes, “You punched him?” I shouldn’t be surprised at this point but I could never imagine someone just punching an enforcer and walking away. “You only landed it cause you took me by surprise…” He whines, clearly his pride was what was truly hurt. “Don’t be a sore loser, it’s not an attractive quality.” I hear him growl under his breath but he doesn’t say anything else. The back and forth between the two of them is pretty amusing, it’s like their already a couple but I don’t think I’ll say that out loud cause I don’t want Sasha’s wrath either. My eyes flicker to the rearview mirror to find a pair of blue eyes quickly looking away from my gaze to the road. My cheeks get hot suddenly and I look down to my hands. 

“So fellas, where are we going in such a hurry?” Sasha asks after a couple minutes of silence. I can’t say that I’m not curious as well but unlike Sasha I’m not nosey by nature. When neither of them answer I sink down into my seat and rest my head against the seat. Sasha doesn’t give up though, “The silent treatment, that’s what you guys are going with?” She scoffs, “Fine, I guess I’ll have to pull out my special interrogation technique, but don’t say I didn’t warn you—“ She takes a deep breath and I look over to her with curiosity. 

“99 bottle of beer on the wall 99 bottle of beer. You take one down pass it around 98 bottles of beer on the wall…” She sings. I smirk understanding exactly what she’s doing. If you can’t get them to talk then just annoy them until they give in. She looks over to me as she continues a with a wink and I decide to join her. We get to forty bottles of beer on the wall before Dante breaks in with a frustrated growl, “My goddess! Will you just tell the women so they will shut up?” I flinch a little at his anger but Sasha seems unfazed. There is a bit of silence in the car and just when I hear Mikhail inhale a breath like he’s going to speak there is the sound of crunching metal and the car suddenly swerves off the road. 

We hit a tree near by and it brings the car to a stop, luckily no one is hurt. 

“What the hell was that?” Brandt ask as he looks out the window next him quickly. Gideon and Mikhail are unblocking their seat belts in hurry. Dante and Brandt following their lead. I have no idea what is going on and by the look on Sasha’s face she was as clueless as I was. Gideon is the first one to jump out of the car, the look on his face is very serious as he makes his way around the front of the car. Dante gets out the side door quickly and Brandt slides out the door next to him. My eyes follow them as they group together by the front side of the car. I try to make out what they’re saying but they’re talking in a language I don’t know. Perhaps it’s some kind of wolf language I never got a chance to learn.