IX.

"Daddy?" A groggy voice questioned over the phone as Stiles leaned against the door outside the sheriff's station.

"Hey, sweetie." The man greeted sheepishly. "I didn't wake you did I?"

"No." There was a pause. "Yes."

Stiles chuckled. "Sorry."

"It's okay. Are you alright? Did you catch the bad guy?"

"No not yet. I'm fine though, so is uncle Spencer and everyone else." Tears made their way to the profiler's eyes as he remembered what he saw earlier that day. "I just wanted to tell you that I love you so so much."

"I love you too daddy." Lori's sweet voice chirped. "You're my superhero."

A watery chuckle left the man's lips. "Okay. Give the phone back to your mom will you?"

There was some shuffling before Aurora's voice entered Stiles' ear. "Babe? Are you okay?"

"Yeah." The man sniffled. "We found a 15 year old's body today and I just needed to tell Lori that I loved her."

"Oh God. You guys got any leads?"

"Not really. This is one messed up sicko, though." Stiles paused before deciding to tell his wife what was going on. "The pack's helping with investigation."

"What? Why would Hotch authorize that?"

"I told him to let them help. They might be useful. I don't know." The man sighed.

"Baby, have you gotten any sleep at all?"

"A couple hours."

Aurora sighed. "Do you need me to fly over?"

"No, you've got work and Lori's got school." Spencer peeked his head out the door nodding to his best friend who got the message and turned to talk to his wife. "Hey, I gotta go."

"Okay. Promise me you'll be safe."

"I promise. Love you."

Stiles hung up and turned to Spencer, his face full of question while the young genius just nodded towards inside, telling his friend to follow him. They quickly walked back to the conference room where Scott was yelling.

"We don't need any fancy FBI agents coming and protecting our town!" He yelled to Hotch and Rossi, while Derek, Emily and JJ stood in the side. "We can do that ourselves!"

"And how many more people will have to die before that happens?" Stiles questioned calmly. "We're here to help because there is a human psycho in this town. We're going to catch him and leave. Now if you want to help, okay but if you're just here to tell us you think you can do a better job then us," The dark haired profiler gestured the door. "The door's right there."

Scott chuckled darkly. "You think your better then me?" Stiles didn't say anything, only rolling his eyes. Of course the werewolf would make this a power thing. "You're not. You're a killer. A pathetic and needy human. I'm a true Alpha!"

"She was worried this would happen." The profiler muttered, rubbing a hand over his temple.

He didn't even bother addressing the fact that Scott called him a killer because he was. He'd had to shoot a few people ever since he joined the BAU. Not all of them had survived and he wasn't the only one. Spencer must have shot at least 4 people, JJ killed that guy who shot Penelope and the others shot plenty of people too. It came with the job. It didn't mean it was easy but they dealt with it. They had to.

Scott flared when he heard Stiles' words. "What? What are you talking about?"

"Allison." He looked up, straight into his former best friend's eyes.

Scott got angry at that, he furiously pointed an accusing finger at the man in front of him. "You don't get to say her name." He spat." You killed her! You don't get to say her name! You don't get to talk about her like you two were close!"

"I didn't kill her Scott, no matter how much you might want to think so." The FBI agent rolled his eyes. "Look, I'm not here to fight with you. I'm here to do my job and the fly back home in my jet. So let me do my job so I can leave this place as soon as possible."

"What are you really so pathetic and angry that I threw you out of the pack that you won't even face me?" Scott taunted.

"That's just the thing Scott! I'm not angry. I've seen what anger does to people and I can't afford to be angry about one of the best things that happened to me." The man looked over to the faces of all his old friends -and Theo- before turning back to the Alpha in front of him. "If that asshole didn't convince you that I murdered Donovan -which was self-defense- and you hadn't thrown me out I wouldn't be where I am today. I wouldn't have what I have today. Because I've got a new family and they love me for who I am! So no I'm not angry! I could actually care less about you, all of you." The man sighed. "So, either stay and help or get out of our conference room and let us work."

"What makes you think you'll do a better job then us?"

"Because this isn't our first rodeo. We've been doing this for years. We've got the experience and the knowledge to do something."

Scott's eyes glowed an angry red. And just then it hit Stiles.

A/N: Confrontations and a touching conversation. Also thank you all so much for the 1K and all your support on this story! Again, I hope you all liked this chapter.