XIV.

The team all started velcroing on their blue vests, the bold 'FBI' staring the pack in the face.

FBI. Stiles was a part of the FBI. It didn't really seem to sink in with that the sarcastic, impulsive and at times annoying spaz had grown into an equally -if not more- sarcastic, mature FBI agent. They always knew he was going to do something in law enforcement though most of the pack just thought he would become a forensics tech so he could stay behind in the station while other risked their lives in the field.

Okay, only Scott thought that. The others just always thought he'd become a local deputy and follow his father into the sheriff position.

Nobody had ever thought that he would join the FBI, much less one of it's most prestigious units.

Stiles was looking over Oscar Jensen's case file while Hotch and Rossi went to talk to Noah. The other members of the BAU were talking among themselves as was the pack. Except Lydia. She was slowly inching towards the man that used to be her closest friend after Allison died. Her green eyes caught sight of Stiles subconsciously reaching his arm up to rub his left shoulder. His face almost held a pained look.

"Are you okay?" The strawberry blonde inquired. That made the man look up to find Lydia standing in front of him.

He'd noticed that she hadn't changed all that much. Her hair was cut a little shorter then it had been while they were in high school while her featured had matured. Her eyes looked sharper and her face slimmer, all baby-fat she had previously had gone. She was still beautiful, she'd always been beautiful.

But Stiles stopped thinking of Lydia in that way a long time ago.

After the whole Kanima incident Stiles had given up all hope of the girl ever seeing him as a potential boyfriend. Back then he was just glad that she'd started acknowledging his existence. In the following summer, both teenagers had grown close. If Stiles wasn't with Scott or talking on the phone with Allison he was with Lydia. He soon realized that he was glad that Lydia might never have seen him as anything more then a friend. It felt like he had a sister, an at times very annoying and bitchy sister, but a sister nonetheless. It hurt more then the boy was willing to admit when Lydia didn't have his back when Scott accused him of murdering Donovan Donati in clod blood. He could tell she didn't like it but that she didn't dare speak her mind.

As Stiles looked over her face, he caught no signs of deception or ill-intention. Just curiosity and worry. He sent her a tentative smile. "Yeah, recent bullet wound."

That made Lydia's green eyes widen and shine with concern. "What happened?"

"The Unsub was going to shoot Spencer." The man shrugged as if it was nothing.

Lydia had always admired that while Stiles had always been the least physically strong of the pack, he was always willing to protect his loved ones. It was a second nature for him. He wouldn't think twice before putting himself in harm's way if it meant the people he loved were safe.

She sent him a smile that he returned. "I'm happy for you." She spoke honestly. "I'm really sorry I wasn't there when you needed me."

"It's okay." The man gently reassured. "I get it."

"But you would've said something if it was me." The woman's eyes shone with unshed tears. "You always were the best of us."

A light chuckle left the back of Stiles' throat as he glanced down at Lydia. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't missed her. For years he'd thought about maybe reaching out but never did. It was nice to talk to her again. "Thanks. But don't let Scott hear you. He'll blow a fuse." He joked.

Lydia let out a giggle.

Stiles looked over at his team who were still talking among themselves. His family. That made his mind wander towards Aurora and Lori waiting for him back in Virginia -or D.C. if they'd gone back home. "You know when Aurora said she wanted to name our daughter Lorraine, I couldn't help but think of you." The man confessed turning back to Lydia. "Of your grandmother."

"I always wandered what happened to you. In my mind you were happy somewhere with a wife, a son named Henry and a daughter named Claudia."

Stiles tilted his head to the side, slightly freaked out but didn't let it show. He wore a radiant smile instead. "You did technically get most of it right. I'm happy. I have a wife. I have a daughter named Lorraine Claudia-Allison Stilinski. And JJ's son who's Lori's best friend it called Henry."

Lydia smiled sadly at hearing both of Lori's middle names. She had known that Allison and Stiles were close. She could sense it in a way. They never really talked much in public but the small, detail were telling. Like the way they shared glances or the times were they were both mysteriously unavaileble to hang out.

She then slightly frowned. "That's kind of freaky."

They both chuckled at that. It was nice.

Stiles looked down, shyly asking. "Would you maybe like to meet them? Lori and Aurora? When this is all over?"

Lydia looked at him with a kind of unreadable emotion. She then cracked a huge grin and nodded her head, mumbling 'yeah'.

Before they could continue their conversation and the rekindling of their friendship Hotch and Dave both burst into the room looking at their team. "We've got a go for Oscar's house."

That made all the agents exit the precinct in a hurry.

A/N: Did I just update? Wow.
Hello lovely people! I am so sorry for not updating in so long. Please forgive me. Also thank you all so much for your love and support! I can't believe I'm at 14.3K! I just started school again and found some time to write this though I can't tell you how long until you'll have a new chapter after this. It's a bit of a filler but I hated that Stiles and Lydia weren't okay. Anyways I hope you all like this and I'm sorry again. I love you all!