1. The Haurutsuki Clan

The day I was born... Was the first of many miracles. My father told the story all the time:

It was snowing heavily outside while I stood waiting for your birth. My first-born child. The Land of Waves hadn't seen such deep snow in many years. And although I was excited, I worried that the blizzard would affect my soon-to-be heir's birth. I remember the nurse who came to check on me asking, "Are you excited to see your newborn baby, Lord Tadashi? Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?" I turned to face the woman and told her, "It's a boy. The heir to the Haurutsuki Clan has always been born a boy. The cycle will not break now with my son." I was proud and stern about it too. "Oh, of course." The nurse said and gave me a quick bow, leaving me to go back to staring at the snow.

I thought of my beautiful wife, Shizu, and our future together with you. Hours passed before another nurse came to give me the news, "Congratulations, Lord Tadashi. You are now the proud father of a beautiful baby girl!" My eyes went wide in shock! "A girl???" I wasted no time. Pushing passed the nurse. I rushed in to see you. First, I saw your mother. Even in such a drained state, she had a glow about her... She was smiling. Gleaming with joy at the wrapped bundle in her arms. Then she lifted her head to meet my eyes from the door, "Come meet your daughter, Tadashi..." Her words drew me nearer. And seeing you? Well, it was all I needed before my whole world changed forever!

"What should we call her? We didn't give much thought to a girl's name." My wife remembered. I was already tearing up. You looked so delicate and sweet. It took all my strength just to raise my trembling hand to reach for your tiny head. "Miyuki. Her name will be Miyuki... She just makes this terrible snow storm seem so beautiful!" Shizu smiled, "I think that's the perfect name. Miyuki... our Beautiful Snow." It was as I kissed your head that my crying spree began. I knew then... That my new mission would be to raise you into the future leader of our clan. And protect you with all my might!

He would tell it to me over and over again. I would sit in my mother's lap on her rocking chair at the fireplace. He spoke with such vigor and enthusiasm. His piercing blue eyes swallowed me whole and filled me with wonder. On my second birthday, he pulled off the red sash around his shoulder and waist before showing it to me, "One day my only mission will be to look after you. Then yours will be to take care of this. The title as Head to Haurutsuki Clan and all who follow our teachings." I was awestruck as I took it into my tiny little hands. He smiled, "My princess... Of the moon."

He then sneakily grabbed it out of my hands and wrapped it around my neck like a scarf. He laughed as my mother and I exclaimed at his abrupt motion. "Tadashi! It's drowning her!" She scolded. "Ha! Then it's perfect." He chuckled out. I looked down at the red scarf. It felt so soft and cosy. So precious. From then on I knew, I'd never want to part with it again. Yes, the mere fact that I was a girl made history. To our clan I was the miracle they never knew the needed. And I wouldn't be the last one either...

Less than 3 years later, another miracle took place. The triumph my father felt after seeing his first-born son led him to the name 'Katsu,' for Victory. That's when the unexpected miracle happened yet again. Another gift to the Head Haurutsuki Family came. My mother gave birth to a second son, Katsu's non-identical twin brother. He was much smaller and frail-looking than Katsu. My mother hoped he wouldn't stay this way. That one day he would become a legend! So she named him 'Ryuu,' for Dragon. When I first met my brothers, my joy of no longer being alone instantly became an instinct. I would protect them and love them no matter what. Even when they call me a "bossy" sister. Whatever that means.

By now, you're probably wondering where, and who we are exactly. Well, I'll try my best to explain. We are the Future Heads of the Haurutsuki Clan. We live in the Haurutsuki Compound, located high atop a mountain on the outskirts of the Hidden Mist Village. We're practically one mountain leap away. The reason we, although being Hidden Mist civilians, are living separately from the village, is because we are the Rakurai Division. A Special Black Ops Division in Land of Waves that specialises in difficult assassinations, infiltrations and information gathering with utmost precision. Think of us as shinobi who get the missions even the ANBU Black Ops wouldn't be able to handle. It's very rare for our Division to be utilised, but when it is, we are well prepared. All Rakurai Operatives are Haurutsuki Clan members. We've been bred for this. Our family leads the most elite clan in the entire Village.

Since we are not often given missions, we live out our days on the mountain like islanders. You probably think we have some fancy or strange uniform as part of the Rakurai Division, but we basically just wear our clan colours of red, black and white.

There are other traits you can pick up on that make Rakurai members different from regular shinobi. For one, no one sees us unless we're on a mission that requires being in public. This can make it hard for regular shinobi to trust us since tend to stand out. Another is our clan symbol which is usually on our attire or in some form of jewellery.

The clan symbol itself, is a circle that symbolises the full moon and behind this full moon is sun-like rays, meaning: The Moon Shines Upon Us (Haurutsuki means "Howling to the Moon," after all.) These are just the subtle hints. More physical hints would be our pale complexion, and the fact that we're all attractive. Can you imagine being stuck on an island/mountain full of beautiful people? You'd never feel beautiful. It's a compliment that flies over my head. Anyway, the final and major tell-tale of any Rakurai/Haurutsuki member, is their chakra natures. There are many variations in our chakra, however one sticks out. The colour of our Lightning Nature Techniques. It's why we're known as Rakurai, the Division of the Thunderbolt.

Each have their own colour, albeit many have similar or the same. It's not every day you fight an opponent who zaps you with red or tangerine lightning, you know? Not only is the colour of our lightning style attacks a big give away, but also the Justu we perform with them. My father is known as 'The Red Alpha' for his red-wolf lightning attacks. It's one heck of an attack. You'd be dead if you ever came within ten feet while that beast roars. Our lightning style Justu develops into the animal shape of a wolf mostly. After all, what other animal do you see howling at the moon?

It's not easy to master our lightning nature at a young age, which is why Wolf Lightning Justu techniques are only performed by adults. Kids first learn to master their other chakra natures on Haurutsuki Island. Before we're allowed to enter the Rakurai Division. The age we finish being home-schooled is 16. Other islander kids go to the Haurutsuki school. But not the "island royalty" apparently.

You might think life on this island, which is what mountains are referred to here, is a paradise for the strongest of shinobi. Well, you'd be wrong if you were us. By 'us', I mean me, Katsu, and Ryuu. We live by one rule: Obey the Head. Having that as your father... Definitely comes with its disadvantages. From the moment we could walk, we were viciously trained. As the future Head of the Clan, and being three years older than my brothers, I received the least leniency. If any at all. The Fourth Mizukage rules over the Hidden Mist, and us, with selfishness. His pursuit of power has only further spread the corruption plaguing our land. My father does his best to keep us as far away from the civil wars and chaos wrecking havoc on our Village as possible.

I remember when I was still too young to understand it all. I would often sit at my window's ledge and stare into the night. Wishing, hoping... For a better life.

~A/N: This is just the start of one epic adventure trilogy folks. Stay tuned for weekly updates. I guarantee action, mystery, plot twists! And of course, romance, huh?😉😉~