15. Partners

After Miyuki's emotional breakdown, life went on for the three Haurutsuki's. Although the masked man secretly plagued their thoughts, they chose never to speak of him again. Later that week, when the recruitment and mission details where finalised, a meeting with all ninja partaking in the mission was held in a private office, where Miyuki had to take charge.

"Alright! First meeting for our S-Rank mission is now in session." Ryuu confidently announced from where he stood at Miyuki's side. She had stayed true to her former life, sticking to a red hood over her kimono ninja attire. She mostly wore it to hide her face around new people, and secretly, to hide the shame she felt deep inside. Katsu stood beside her as well, "Please remove any hoods or masks as we ID you based on your personal profile. I will begin verifying you now." Katsu announced before walking over to the group with a clipboard in hand. There were fifteen members, and he combed through each one, making sure their descriptions and photos match. Ryuu explained their reasoning behind it, "That is our Head Strategist and Tactician, Daggers. He has a photographic memory, so nothing will slip passed him. That means if you were captured and impersonated during our investigation, he could spot you out immediately. You've all been chosen for your unique abilities. But today we test your loyalty to the ANBU and each other. After all, we've got a long mission ahead of us."

As Katsu moved along the rows, a young man with deep blue hair whispered to another Shinobi, "This pipsqueak is our Captain?" The other Shinobi had to stifle his chuckles. However, it did not go unnoticed. Everyone in the room glanced to the two. They cleared their throats, trying to look more dignified.

When Katsu studied the blue-eyed man's face, he spoke up, "Is this really necessary, Captain?" He asked Ryuu, uneasy with Katsu's cold stare. Katsu ignored him and looked over his chart. Ryuu was taken aback by the man's words, "Oh, my bad. Sorry for the confusion everyone. My name's Blades. I'll be your go-to for interpersonal relations. She is our Captain." Ryuu emphasized, waving an arm and valiantly gesturing to her beside him. She then raised her arm and lowered her hood, revealing her face to their new squad. They all gasped, beginning to quietly chatter amongst themselves.

Katsu finished checking his role, and walked back to the pair. "She's our Captain!?" His blue eyes nearly popped out of his skull. "To answer both of your questions... Yes. Got a problem with that?" Her glare was like ice. Everyone took a hard swallow at her words. Ryuu spoke up, "Lighten up, Cap. You don't want to scare everyone away before we even start." He advised in slight concern. "Yes, she does." Katsu bluntly retorted from her other side. Ryuu frowned over her at his brother, but he only looked away in innocence. She sighed through her nostrils, trying to calm herself with all the attention suddenly on her. She stood firm as she address them all, "I am Captain Needles. I am this mission's general instructor and oversight. These are my two advisors. Blades, who will aid you with any miscommunications or misgivings you might have with this assignment, and Daggers, our Intel and Strategist Expert."

The young blue-haired man crossed his arms in distaste, "Hn. I'm not taking orders from some pretty faced girl." He mumbled. Miyuki then glanced over to Katsu. He took the hint, and began flipping through his clipboard. A woman from the front looked over her shoulder, "Akio, she's our Captain. Show some respect." She advised. "Look at her. She's a decade younger than most of you guys. And she's leading us on an S-Ranked mission?? Come on!"

Katsu spotted what he needed and handed the clipboard over to Miyuki. "You really want to question the Mizukage?" She calmly inquired. He clenched his teeth in response. She then lowered her blank stare and began reading over his profile, "Well, Akio Hozuki. It says here that you're skilled in firing water bullets based on your grandfather, the Second Mizukage's, technique. You are a determined, and talented Shinobi. But an arrogant, loud mouth always ready to show off." She teasingly smirked. "What!?" He barked. The rest of the squad began stifling their giggles. She was spot on, and it only frustrated him more, "Tch! You can't read that out loud... It's classified! And I'm not a loud mouth!" It only made it harder for everyone not to laugh.