9. Keeping Friends Close & Enemies Closer

There was silence. An awkward silence. It filled the room as Katsu and Ryuu sat on the double-seated couch across Obito and Kakashi's triple-seater. Minato sat on a lone sofa near the fireplace.

Just then, Granny Fumiko walked in with a tray of tea, "Here you are, dearies. Careful, they're warm." She said as she sat it down, smiling with delight. Minato was the first to take a cup, "Thank you for your hospitality." He said. "Oh! Such a nice young lad. Just like our Ryuu! Wish I could say the same for the rest of you three." She said, glancing at Katsu who huffed and looked away. "Oh sorry, Granny. I'm just worried about my friend." Obito admitted with a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his head. She smiled, "That's alright dearie, no harm done. Now don't you worry about your friend. Miyuki is an excellent kunoichi. With a good head on her shoulders too. She even saved my husband's life a year ago." Obito was taken aback, "She did?" She nodded, "They all did! Now drink up. I was a kunoichi myself back in the day. The tea helps get your chakra flowing!" She enthusiastically exclaimed. "Uhr, yes, ma'am." Obito said, taken aback by the energy the old lady had. He hastily grabbed a cup, "Don't drink it! You'll burn your tongue." Ryuu warned in panic, as Obito almost gulped it down. He sighed in relief, catching the warning just as the heat neared his lips. Kakashi rolled his eyes and remained aloof through the rest of the conversation.

Granny then turned a 180, "Katsu! Stop being lazy and go help Lee get these four's room ready!" she demanded. Katsu groaned and got up reluctantly, dragging his feet out the living room.

Her barking demands caught Minato and Obito off guard, and they couldn't help but flinch when she turned back to them, "Anything else dearies?" she smiled. "Uhr, n-no thank you." Obito stuttered, her returning smile only scared them more. "Y-yeah. We'll let you know, if we need anything." Minato added. With a smile and nod she walked out the room, 'I wonder if Kushina will be like this in old age...' Minato sweat dropped at the thought.

Meanwhile, Miyuki had just wrapped up Rin's wound and tucked her into a bed, "You just get some rest and let it heal on its own. Hopefully you won't be in too much pain when you wake up." She then left the passed-out girl and headed for the door. Just as she reached it, she felt dizzy and clutched to the doorframe. She let out a slight groan as she held her head, but the dizziness quickly subsided. She gave Rin one last look, "Get well soon." She greeted, and with that closed the door and began to head back to the living room.

It was in the passage that she spotted Katsu approaching, and they both stopped in front of each other. "Well? What do you think, can we trust them?" She inquired. Katsu shrugged, "Ryuu does." He replied. "Ryuu's too optimistic. What do you think?" she emphasized. "They're chakra's strong. I couldn't get a read on them with my Orbs even if I wanted to. For now, they seem okay." Miyuki agreed, "Keep an eye on them and keep me posted. I told Old man Lee to keep his guard up, just in case." Katsu nodded, "I better go help him prepare their room before Granny whacks me with a broom again." Miyuki chuckled, "Yeah, you go do that. I'll go keep Ryuu company." She said and began walking passed him.

"Hey, Miyuki." She turned back, "Hmm?" she asked him. "You alright? You're looking a little paler than usual." He observed. "I'm fine. Now go help Lee, before brooms start flying." She waved off. He gave her a worried look, but did as she said and walked on, allowing her to do the same.

When she got to the living room, she deadpanned, feeling socially awkward with all the expectant looks. "How is she?" Minato asked from his seat closest to her. "Oh, uhm, she's fine. She just needs some sleep." Miyuki replied, holding onto her arm. Obito sprang up, "Really!?" he asked in excitement. Miyuki kept her gaze to the floor, "Yes, she's-" before she could finish, Obito exclaimed in joy and raced passed Kakashi and Minato's seat to thank her. She exclaimed in surprise as she suddenly found herself being grabbed by the hands and spun around the room, "Ha-ha! Thank you! Thank you so much! I'm so happy Rin's going to be okay!" he cheered, spinning her out towards the couches. She stopped with her back against the side of the couch Kakashi sat at, holding her dizzied head. "Whoops. Sorry. I'm just so glad! You're my hero." Obito said from his spot in front of her. 'His hero?' She realized before groaning and falling to her knees. Everyone gasped in surprise.