18. Swan Song

"Ha! Ha! Hee... Yah!" Ryuu exclaimed, slashing down at their numbers.

"The brat's too fast!" one spat. "Then we'll break his legs!" The other announced, jumping right into Ryuu's downward slash. Blood spurted out from the enemy, the sword lodging in his shoulder. Ryuu tried to yank it free, but it was stuck, "What the..." The enemy chuckled, "I may not be any good at it, but... My bones will slow you down!" The man declared in a crazed state. His rib cage expanded, grabbing hold of the blade. "Now to break your legs!" Another declared, lunging from behind Ryuu. He gasped...

'Katsu signed on. Miyuki come in. Have you found Ryuu yet?' He telepathically communicated. She was running with Akio at her side, 'Miyuki, signed on. I'm almost there.' She anxiously replied. 'Well, hurry! Dad's moved out the squads. The battle on the frontlines are starting. If he doesn't get there soon... He'll be boxed out by the Earth Style Users!' Katsu stressed. She clenched her teeth, 'Don't worry, I'm on it.' She assured him. 'Alright. Your Squad is on its way. I'll let you know when the time comes.' Katsu informed her. 'Roger that. Stay safe.' She replied. 'You too.' And with that, their channel died. She couldn't help but grow frustrated, 'Ryuu... Where are you?'

Just then, white lightning crept up from the sky. They both halted, "That lightning..." Akio wondered. "It's my brother. Come on!" She ushered, running faster than ever before!

Ryuu gasped, releasing his grip off the handle of his blade and then shouted out, "Lightning Beam Technique!" A blast of white light emitted from his hands, sending a high voltage straight into the enemy's stomach and out, into the sky. It was wide enough to electrocute most of his middle body and caused a screaming cry. Not just him, but the three other Shinobi around him. All had fallen prey to his lightning attack. Ryuu released the Jutsu, and the man dropped to the ground unconscious and twitching. Smoke came off his fried skin. Ryuu backed away from the four and unsheathed his other katana. Three more Kaguya charged in from behind, screaming in rage. As he turned his attention to them, the three who were slightly electrocuted had done the same. "Tch!" He stepped back, preparing to take the six on. "Ryuu!"

"Hmm?" He looked passed the three charging towards his right and spotted the face and waving arm of his sister. "Miyuki." He realised. "Get out of the way!" Another voice yelled, and he instinctively used a wind boost to jump skywards. "Water Style: Rapid Finger Bullet Technique!" Ryuu watched from above, confused. Akio was the one shooting speeding bullets at the enemies. Balls of water blasted out the tips of his ten-spread fingers. Three of them exclaimed upon contact and abruptly fell to the ground, while the other three managed to dodge.

"Ryuu!" He looked to his side, just in time to see Miyuki collide into him. "Gotcha!" She exclaimed, pushing him to fall to his far left, and avoid the flying bullets. Akio continued to fire in attempts to shoot down the rest of the Shinobi below. She fell with Ryuu to the ground. Baffled Kaguya Shinobi were scattering, trying to avoid Akio's rapid water fire. "Miyuki!??" Ryuu was both surprised and relieved as she got off him. The bullets stopped, and the three men turned their attention to the pair.

They quickly got to their feet, "Get out of here. We'll finish them off." She instructed, fixing her eyes on their opponents. "But-" She cut him off, "Dad needs you on the frontlines. Now move!" She demanded, looking back at him, fierce with stubbornness. He gave her a worried look, biting down on his urge to protest. He then nodded, and used his Wind Acrobatics. Dashing off towards the exit, he headed to where the real war began. "Get back here, you brat!" One of the three men spat. She snapped her neck to face them, and raised a fist full of needles, "Sorry... But you'll have to get through me." Her pink scarf didn't intimidate this time. Their smirks grew only faces. "Don't forget about me... Water Release: Water Bullet Technique!" Akio expelled at Miyuki's side. As the chakra in his stomach burst out his mouth, it headed to the three in the form of a large torrent of water. Miyuki smirked to herself, "Hn. Not bad. Here, let me help with that. Lighting Style: Purple Wolf Stream!" With her free hand, she reached out above the water spraying out Akio's mouth. Purple lightning sparked and burst forth in the form of a sneering wolf. It ran over the torrent of water, reaching the enemies and exploding in a burst of electricity, water and flames.