The Project.

Ash and Serena had now been together for 2 years and they were halfway through their final year of school.

"Ketchum." She lobbed a note at Ash's desk.
"What?" Ash asked her. He just woke up; Ash had stayed up since 4am last night trying to prepare for his exam for Mega Evolution. He seemed confused. Why was Serena using notes instead of just talking?

They were in Laws of Pokémon Battle together and Ash had fallen asleep.

"Ash. We have to work in pairs; there's a project that we have to do. It's going to be the final for this class, so we better work hard!"

Ash didn't listen to her, he just fell straight back to sleep.

"Alright then, I hope you all do very well on this. Class dismissed." Professor Birch dismissed them.

Ash still wasn't waking up though. Serena only had one way to wake him up, because if you know Ash, you'd know that nothing wakes him up if he's in a deep sleep. Serena was lucky in the first place that he woke up from the note.

She shouted, poked him, moved him but nothing worked. She had to result to her last tactic.

A massive clap sound was heard as Serena's palm made contact with the back of Ash's head. That sure woke him up.

He yelled as he woke up. Ash thought he was still at home. He was very sleepy still.

"Alright mom, I'm awake, I'm awake." He sleepily spoke those words whilst he got up.
"Ash! We are in school! Class has just been dismissed."
"Huh? Mom what are you on about?"

Serena really couldn't tell if Ash was being serious, so she just dragged him back to her house. Luckily it was the end of school, so Serena could shout at him as much as she wanted.

Even though it was basically public knowledge around the school now, they still got weird looks when they were holding hands.

Once they got outside, Ash finally came to his senses. He held the back of his head with his free hand and made a quiet "oww".

"Ash, you have to listen to me. We have to work in pairs for Laws of Pokémon Battle. This will be our final piece of work and it will be graded."

"Right. Let's work at your place. Lead the way, mom." Ash winked at Serena as he said this.