Serena's Explanation

Ash and Serena were both now on their way to Serena's house. Whilst they were walking, they ran into someone.

That 'someone' was Miette. Ash hadn't seen her for a long time. She seemed different now. Miette didn't even talk to them, she just kept on walking. That was a surprise.

Ever since Calem had died, her popularity dropped and dropped and now she doesn't really have any friends. Ash was sure that she was depressed. She came to school wearing long-sleeved shirts and baggy pants, so it was very obvious that she was hiding something. She used to wear short clothing.

Serena had felt bad for her, but she really couldn't do anything. After everything Miette did to her, Serena didn't really want to help her.

Serena lives quite a way from school, so Ash decided to strike up a conversation.

"Sere, what do we have to do again?"
"Are you actually that clueless? We have to do a presentation."
"Oh okay. So do I have to help?"
"Of course you do! I'm not going to do it so you get the good grade!"
"What if I just don't help?"
"I'll do it with someone else."

Ash accepted his defeat and just replied with 'fine'.

When they eventually arrived at Serena's house, they headed inside. Serena's mom was nowhere to be seen. Serena was confused but didn't really mind. After all, she was going to have some alone time with Ash.

They headed up to Serena's room to study.

Ash still noticed that Serena's room was very bare. There was barely anything in it. It was like this the time that Ash stayed here. When they confessed their love for each other.

"So, Sere? Why is your room so bare and plain?"

Serena knew it wasn't a question she could dodge anymore. She just knew she had to answer it.

"Okay, Ash. So you want to know why?"

Ash nodded.

"Okay, so, a while ago now, when I went missing, my mom thought that I'd gone missing and I was dead. This was the time where you jumped off of the roof. I was going to do the same thing as well. I thought you were dead. Luckily, you came back. My mom decided to clear out my whole room. We haven't even got around to redoing anything yet."

Serena felt really good to finally get that off of her chest. Ash sat there in silence, trying to process it.

"So you were going to kill yourself to be with me? I must admit, I probably would've died. I just suddenly woke up and I was all of a sudden feeling great. I then just ended up behind you."

"That was Xerneas."
"Xerneas did that?"
"Yes Ash, Xerneas was the reason I left, and the reason you lived."

This makes no sense if you haven't read 'Spreading Rumors'