Miette's Story ~ 2

I am going to prioritise finishing this book over others for the time being.

After school finished, Serena decided to walk with Miette for a bit. She wanted to learn more about the new girl. She was so mysterious to Serena. She came out of nowhere.

"So, what do you like to do?" Serena asked, trying to get Miette to talk to her.
"I'm... an aspiring baker. I like to make Poképuffs."
"So do I! We should make some together!"

Miette then decided that she would open up to Serena. They seemed very similar and Serena cared enough about her to walk with her.

"Sure! Why not?" Miette was starting to become her happy self.

"Great! When would you like to do it? You can come to my house and we can make them together?"
"Sure!"

At Serena's house, Miette and Serena continues to bond over their mutual love for baking. They taught each other their secret recipes, their methods and more.

Serena still wasn't satisfied though. She could tell that something was affecting Miette.

"Miette, is something wrong? You look quite confused."
"I am confused. No one has ever treated me this well before. You're the first friend I've ever had, Serena." She decided to tell Serena her whole life story. Why she isn't too good with meeting new people, everything.

Serena was a good friend and listened to everything that Miette said. She even told Serena about Calem. She noticed him looking at her.

"Miette, you don't want to get involved with him, trust me."

~end of flashback~

Serena and Miette were best friends for months. They were inseparable. At one point, Serena actually considered Miette as a better friend as Ash, which now sounds insane. That's really how much she liked Miette.

One day, Miette finally caved. Every day she saw Calem staring at her. She finally got the courage to go and talk to him, whilst Serena was nowhere to be seen.

"Hi, you're Calem, right?"
"Of course you know me, I'm the most popular boy in the school." Miette was jealous of how popular Calem was, she wanted to be popular, just like him.

"Of course I know you, you're Miette, friend of Serena. Listen, you shouldn't hang out with her, she's a loner, she really doesn't have anyone. If you want to hang out with people who aren't losers, hang out with me and my friends."

And just like that, Calem brainwashed poor, kind Miette into becoming the girl that everyone knew her as. Serena couldn't even get through to her.

Miette changed. Serena had lost her best friend. She had to admit defeat, Miette was completely changed.

She became the bully.