Explaining Everything ~ The End

"Ash, I have something to tell you."
"Please tell me, Serena. I want to know."

Serena wanted to tell Ash this for a long time. She didn't because she didn't know how Ash would take it, but she decided now was a great time to let him know.

"Ash, I was friends with Miette."

Ash was shocked. He stood there, staring blankly at Serena. He didn't know what to say.

"It all happened whilst you were in Kanto. She moved to our school and I became friends with her."
"So how did she get involved with Calem?"
"I don't know. She just went up to him and talked to him, one day. She changed after that."
"So it was just like I've said. I knew Calem changed her."
"Yes, Ash. You were correct."

Ash now knew why Serena had disappeared, and why she was crying yesterday. She knew Miette. She was good friends with Miette. Had Serena slipped into depression? Ash didn't know, but he definitely didn't want Serena to do the same as Miette. He decided that the whole way home he wouldn't take his eyes off of Serena.

As for Serena, she did fall into a slight depression. Even though Miette bullied her, Serena never really cared; she just wanted the old Miette back and now, she wouldn't have any Miette.

Ash and Serena both knew that even though they hated them both, they shouldn't of died.

Especially Miette. Serena would never get over her death.

Once they arrived back at Serena's house, it was 4pm. They missed the whole day of school.

Serena's mom was really worried about her, so when the front door opened and Serena walked in, her mom immediately embraced her in a tight hug.

"Serena..."
"Mom."

They were both crying in each other's arms. Ash didn't know why. He just guessed that Serena's mom was so happy to see her alive and Serena just cried with her.

After Serena finally decided to compose herself, she went upstairs with Ash.

"I'll never forget you, Miette." Serena mumbled to herself.

"We never will." Ash had heard Serena and held her close, comforting her. Their 'project' for Laws or Pokémon Battle was still opened on Serena's computer. That was the least of their worries right now.

They fell asleep in each other's arms that night. They vowed to never leave each other ever again.

What started with rumors, was now a reality.

And they both never wanted that reality to end.

~fin~