they explain.

( TOXIC ! )
they explain!

dick grayson―
→it took dick a while before he chose to answer your question. you watched as his nimble hands fiddled with the salt and pepper shakers that were on the booth table, you took note of the guilt in his eye. and as much as he was trying to cover up any signs of regret, his body language was doing a good deed by telling you how he felt. the silence was making you want to scream at dick, you wanted to yell at him and tell him how much he hurt you. and yet, you just across from him, waiting for dick to speak. and he finally did

→"i just didn't feel a spark with you anymore," dick shyly answered as he didn't bother to look you in the eye. at the time he said this, you were drinking a can of soda that you had ordered along with the rest of your food. let's just say the soda sprayed out of your mouth after the words finally fell out. "that's it?" you started as you raised an eyebrow. "that's your fucking answer? because you didn't feel some damn spark in our relationship? this isn't a disney movie!" you hissed as you shot him a withering look.

→dick looked up to meet your angry gaze for a small second before quickly looking away. "look i was convinced that a spark was a sign that a relationship would go anywhere. so when i lost the spark and it was replaced by kori, i thought that she was the one for me―" "―yeah, because i'm sure the heartbreak tweets and instagram captions say otherwise," you scoffed as you interrupted dick. you were well aware of kori and dick's messy breakup but you had no idea it was for a reason as stupid as this. "do you want me to finish or not?" dick snapped as he finally locked his eyes with you longer than a split second. it had been a while since your eyes had fully gazed upon his face, and yet, you only slumped your shoulders wanting him to continue.

→"i lied because i needed to know for certain if kori was the one i needed to be with. i left you for kori because maybe i did think that love was like a disney movie. but i was a dumbass―" "―you can say that again," you teased. "and then i saw you at the movie premiere, once i saw wally kiss you, i knew i fucked up. i felt the spark again, i realized that it was my fault that i lost that spark. i took you for granted," dick explained as he took your hand in his. your heart was pounding at the very touch of his skin with yours.

→"do you think you can forgive me?" he asked as he continued to look into your eyes. it was as if time slowed in that moment as you looked back at dick. and yet, you found yourself shaking your head and pulling your hand away from him. "no, i don't think i can,"

jason todd―
your hands felt whole as you held jason's guns, he let you hold them as the two of you made your way out of the alley and up on the roof of a building in the dark night sky. your hair flew up with the soft breeze the wind gave and yet your eyes looked over at jason, who had taken off his helmet and mask as he sat down on the roof a good distance away from you. it wasn't exactly an awkward silence, but there was a lot of tension between you two. especially since jason was the one who carried you up to the rooftop in the first place. you were just wanting to get some answers. "are you ever planning on giving me an answer?" you asked in a snarky tone as you continued to hold jason's guns in your hands. "that depends, if you can stitch something for me,"

you angrily made your way over towards where jason was, only to find sitting on the rooftop, shirtless to expose a gashy wound just above his solid pack of abs. you weren't planning on asking how he got the wound or how he managed to have a first aid kit on him but if stitching up his wound meant getting answers, you were more than ready to take the chance. tossing his guns to the ground, you prepared yourself to start to stitch up his wounds. while doing so, jason chuckled to himself as you stuck out your tongue trying to help him. "what's so funny?" you grumbled in annoyance as you intentionally poked him with the needle.