Chapter 43

"This morning I awoke and was reminded of the preciousness of life. I realized I should express my gratitude to those who are so very important to me. Thank you for all you have done and have a great day!" - Unknown

Demelza's POV.

A wide smile spread across my face, as I moved to the other side of the bed, expecting to see Kodiak next to me but my hands were met with something soft. I frowned as I opened my eyes slowly, there next to me was the teddybear Kodiak had won for me. I smiled at it as I pulled it closer to me.

But I felt my heart constrict a little as a wash of worry and sadness filled me. I expected to wake up next to him, where both of us would hold each other closer and talk about anything and keep on saying I love you again and again to each other, as crazily cheesy as that may damn right sound. Oh God, when did I get so cheesy?

He said I love you to me, he loved me too. The memories of last night flooded back and I felt almost giddy. Did you seriously feel like this after losing your virginity or having sex or because finally the guy you were in love with loved you back and you both finally let each other in?

I could have never asked for a better way to have my virginity taken, I don't think taken is the proper term but I was happy that I shared my first time with Kodiak, as cliché as that may come out, it wasn't. Who knew the man I hated in the beginning would be the same man I have come to love and to think he would love me back.

But my thoughts were still going else where.

Where did he go?

Was this what he did? Leave after making love with someone? No that cannot be the case.

Why did I have this bad feeling all of a sudden?

I moved off the bed and only then did I notice the glass of orange juice and a bowl of fruit salad on the nightstand with a note. I grinned like a fool. Guess I was wrong.

I apologise for leaving you like that, just know I did not want to leave, that too wake you up either. There has been a problem at work that has come up. I promise I will make it up to you Dem. I love you. -KD.

I flushed up, smiling like a fool. Was my life finally settling down and looking almost surreal? Definitely.

I walked into the bathroom, filling up the bathtub. I allowed myself to indulge in this little treatment,that too since it relaxed my muscles, coming out when I felt the water turn cold and my fingers started to shrivel.

I thought back to the Carnival, I loved how he loosened up and was actually acting like a human. My favorite would be when he tried to win the dog for me, only thing is he didn't realize was that the operator purposely let him win since there were other people getting impatient behind us. I loved how he got so happy when he got the ball through the tigers mouth. He was adorable especially when we went on all the rides. He wasn't perfect and that made me love him even more.

I loved also how honest he was with me last night.

But come on, my favorite had to be when we came back to the ranch.

I dressed up in one of his shirts from his duffel bag matching it up with my Grey sweatpants, inhaling the shirt that smelt just like him.

I munched on the fruit salad, thinking he must have made this instead of a huge breakfast because he left very early.

My thoughts drifted off to a dearest best friend of mines.

Liz was going to freak out when she finds out what happened, what is happening and is going to go on a full on asking questions interrogation. And well right now I felt the need to talk to someone and who else other then your best friend. To just ramble on like a idiot till I was feeling a bit better in the sense of not keeping news to myself especially since it was good news.