Chapter thirteen

Later, I'm getting into the theatre class. Everybody in there see me, and for my surprise, they smile at my outfit.

The environment in the room is not so hostile anymore and I find out that we are going to do a play that we're showing to the rest of the school later.

We will make auditions singing and dancing to see the roles of each person. The play is about an angel boy who lives for a long time saving people from a cruel destiny but he eventually gets tired of doing it.

The plot sounds strange but the scripts are well done.

I want to audition for the role of a girl that gets ordered to murder a young boy. I might do it.

They give me the scripts and I mentally tell myself I should practise them.

I get home and I see Mr. Brown there, chatting with my father. I search for Oliver with my eyes but I don't find him. It's just his father. I feel a little disappointed. What is going on with me?

I greet them and go to my room.

I start studying for Economy. I won't pass my exam if I don't do it.

A few hours later, I hear my door's being knocked.

"Come in."

A guy of brown hair and light green eyes enters the room. Oliver.

"I am here just because I need to use your computer for a bit." He says.

I raise an eyebrow. "There's one in tge living room."

"Luke is using that one. May I?"

I nod.

He is going to grab my laptop when something calls his attention.

"Since when do you have a guitar?"

"Since last week"

"Are you learning?"

"I play it" I answer.

"Really? Could I listen?"

"No."

He seems upset.

"For a moment I thought you actually wanted to become a different person. But I was wrong, you're the same asshole as always" He says.

Maybe I was a little rude, but the truth is that I'm tired of feeling guilty about actions that aren't even mine.

"Hey, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm stressed because of Economy" I clarify.

"It's cool." He sits and starts to use the computer.

After a while, I finish studying and I get curious. What is he doing?

I smile when I realize he is just playing a game. One that is called 'Water and fire'.

"Aren't you a little old for that game?"

He jumps to the sound of my voice. "Shut up."

He is trying to pass a level that I already passed and he's doing it the wrong way.

"You're doing it the wrong way."

He rolls his eyes and keeps trying.

I take the laptop from him and do it myself.

"Hey!" He complains. I ignore him and pass the level.

"That's how it's done." I give it back to him. He looks the other way and crosses his arms.

"Why are you angry? I made you a favour" I tell him.

"I didn't want you to do it for me, I never learn how to do it that way."

I restart the last level and show him how to do it.

We spend a while playing it and laughing like children until it's dinner time.

After they're gone, laying in bed before falling asleep, a thought runs through my mind.

I like Oliver.

A guy from another dimension.

That would never see me in that way thanks to the fact 'I' hurted his best friend.

Great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~○~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in my room now.

I won't wear a dress to school again, simply because I don't wanna cause more drama.

If being who I am is so hard in this reality, maybe I could act as Amelie the dickhead everybody knows in here.

Or, at least, like boys act in my head.

I don't know, it seems complicated.

I search for Luke and ask him to tell me things about Amelie, the one he knows.

He puts his hand on his chin and makes an expression as if he was thinking.

"Where should I start? She loves football, hates studying. She is wating for a sport scholarship to go to college. I never understood her in the sense of maintaining her popularity. She changed radically when she got in highschool 'cause she wasn't like that before. She was a caring and present sister."

I thank the fact he is talking about her in third person and not like if it was me.

"When this whole thing about status started, she tried to keep it but she didn't care as much as Tyler did. I think she only liked parties, alcohol and football games. As if she was enjoying her teenage years." He contined. "We got into a fight after I heard about Chris, I knew that was crossing the line. I told her so and she acted like she didn't care. I think she actually did, but she was too stubborn to accept it. That was when our relationship started to split, and she would act worse every time, like beating people in the cafeteria. I was waiting for her to mature until you came." He makes a pause. "And now I don't know what to think.

I appreciate the things he's telling me. Now at least I understand a bit better the true owner of this body.