Chapter twenty eight (Part two)

Luckily, Francis has always the most sensible reactions to every situation. Please notice my sarcasm.

But I can't think of a better idea than following him when he yells:

"Run!"

This clearly was a mess. But none of us disobeyed that rule.

Even Tyler ran, I guess it was by fear of being abused again.

And, to the sight of everyone escaping, the woman that outraged me started to run as well.

Why is she chasing us anyway? We're four against one.

The only person left behind is the guard, Francis' scream took her by surprise and she didn't move.

Or maybe it's also because running behind five teenagers that already left the place it's not worth it.

The thing is that nobody actually stopped to think if she had followed us. In that moment, we were all running away from a guard that would possibly make us spend the night in jail for false identity, and from a crazy person puncher.

"Over here" Oliver guides us and we quickly get into a dark side hallway to the street where we were running.

We watch the crazy woman pass and leave. We wait for a little while to see if the guard passes but it never happens.

What does happen is the abuser getting closer again after she noticed we had disappeared.

"Hey, what if we just go out and front her? We outnumber her." Luke whispers.

"Never. She could have a gun" Francis speaks.

We all look to Tyler.

"Does she have a gun?"

He doubts.

"I don't think so, but she's also highly unpredictable."

"That's enough for me, she's crazy. I don't know you, but I rather investigating this place" Francis starts going deeper in the hallway.

Luke frowns.

"That's the least sensible thing to do now. It's invasion of property and she doesn't seem so hard to deal with right now."

But by the time he ends speaking, Tyler and Oliver were already following Francis. I raise my shoulders, not really caring that much. He sighs and we also go after them.

The hall is super long and it gets darker every time.

"I think the best thing would be to go back" I say.

"Where's your sense of adventure?" Francis asks, I should really stop listening to him.

"It escaped from my body after that woman beat the hell out of me."

Tyler looks at me "I'm sorry you got beaten, and thank you for saving me."

Saving him?

"You're welcome."

"I know we shouldn't be walking this way, but I don't wanna go back to her, it's scary."

Now I understand why Tyler followed Francis so quickly.

When we get to the end, there's a very big door. We can hear music and some other sounds coming from there.

We feel curious.

"Let's get in" Oliver says and puts his hand on the door. All of us, except for the childish teenager that brought us here, stop him.

"Are you mad? What if there's a family having dinner and we just get into their house, they'll think we're robbers" Luke calls him out.