Chapter seventeen

Oliver's POV

Amelie is crazy.

Whenever I think I'm closer to understand her or to knowing what she's thinking, she comes up with something new that surprises me even more.

And then they say guys are complicated.

'You should do whatever makes you feel comfortable'? Really?

I ask her questions expecting to receive super sexist answers but what I hear instead is a girl encouraging me to feel comfortable with my body.

Is the girl that harmed my best friend the same girl that's telling me that men should choose whether to wax or not? Literally after some videos of her setting her best friend's car on fire came out.

She recognizes she acts badly and then chases me to give her a kiss.

Without ignoring the fact that she assures that she has come from a parallel world.

And I still can't help myself from feeling sorry for her in that state, full of bruises.

The math's teacher enters the room and gives us a couple exercises to do. Logarithm. I don't understand anything.

I look askance how Amelie solves them quickly and puts the pencil back in the table.

Since when is she so good in math?

It doesn't matter, I bow my head on the sly towards her paper and try to copy the answers of the exercises.

"Are you copying me?"

I jump to the sound of her voice.

"Pffff... of course not!" I say more exaggeratedly than I wanted.

She finds it funny.

"Would you like me to explain it to you?"

Is she being nice with me?

I stay silent for a few seconds, I don't know what to say. She doesn't say anything either. Why is she still attractive with her face all beaten up? Why do I think these things?

I nod. The truth is that I need the help or I won't pass the exams.

She grabs my paper, erasds everything I had copied, and starts doing it from the beginning.

She starts explaining step by step what she did, but still my mind seems to be somewhere else. I think it's not enough go to the beginning of the exercise, I think I would need someone to explain me the whole subject.

"You take 1/2 as a square and you multiply it later, inside of the parenthesis you turn the multiplication into a sum, and then you solve the logarithm, log10 is equal to 1, due to when there's nothing as a base, it means that it is a 10. And if the base and the argument are equal, the result is 1. Do you understand?"

I nod even though I don't have the slightlest clue. She continues and I entertain myself watching how her lips move as she ends the exercise.

"Now you do it."

I'm blank. Did she notice I was paying zero attention?

"Hey... I have a doubt. In that world you say you're from, are artist and historical people the same or they're also different?" I feel proud of myself for the spectacular change of subject.

She starts laughing, I smile too.

"I have no idea to be honest, what I've seen until now does not exist in my reality. And when I mencioned Billie Eilish, nobody knew about her existence. Which kinda makes sense because if your gender is different (or actually thay the world around you identify different things to your gender), you can be raised and live in another way."

I listen carefully.

"Maybe Billie Eilish in this reality enjoyed more playing soccer than singing." She says "What I find weird though is why some things are still identical. My parents met and had me and my brother in the same way that in my world."

The fact that she is so convinced that this other reality is real and that she's a different person surprises me. Why can't she simply accept her mistakes and make responsible for them instead of blaming her alter-ego?

I decide to play her game. I put my hand in my chin like if I was thinking.

"What about Titanic?"

Her eyes light up.

"Titanic exists! Jack and Rose?"

I laugh a lot. She has a fast imagination.

"More like Jackie and Robert."

She raises an eyebrow. "Do they really have those awful names in here?"

I cross my arms. "What? Jack and Rose are really bad."

She rolls her eyes. "I have to watch that movie."

---------------------------○------------------------------

I get in my house to find my parents doing yoga in the living room, all dressed in white. I'm already used to this type of scenes.

Emily is reading a book on the corner, she sees me when I arrive, and then goes back to her reading.

"Son! Would you like to join us?" My father says.

"No, thanks. I pass."

I go to the bathroom and start to take my black eyeliner off. I wash my face, and go down to make the food.

I cut the zucchini into little pieces and I put them in the frying pan with other vegetables. My dad helps me when he finishes with yoga and then he tells me he'll take care of it. That I should put the table.

I do it while Emily and my mom watch a football game.

After that, we all eat and I go upstairs and study and then to sleep.

----------------------------○-----------------------------

My family is a nature lover, so my garden is full of plants. We travel when we don't have classes. We love to meet new cultures.

On weekends we climb mountains, the ones near home. I don't understand why other people don't do it. It is really nice.

Anyway, I'm worried because I might not have enough time to practise for the play. And I want the main character's role.

I dress in black again, as usual, and carry my bag in one shoulder.

I think about how this is my last year of school and I won't have to put a foot in this horrible school ever again.

------------------------------○---------------------------

Heeeyy♡♡

Thank you for reading!

How old are you?