4

Ashlyn POV

"Are you sure that's not Billie?" Chief asks me and I just stare at him. "Of course it's not her. Why wouldn't you get a family member to identify the body?" I ask.

I don't get an answer and I roll my eyes. "Ok, this is no longer a murder investigation. It's a missing person, I still have to figure out whose body was in the house, I'll check the cameras at my house. Chris, put out an Amber Alert." I say quickly.

"The coroner said the blood types of the blood weren't the same meaning it was two different people."

"Okay, it couldn't have been me, maybe it's Billie. I'll just look for her hair or her fingerprint somewhere. Chris, can you get Jacobs to see if her phone is on and alert the media to see if anyone has seen her?" I ask.

"Wow, you just took charge." Chief tells me. "You put me in charge, now get out of my way."

I go into my office and onto the desktop. I sign in and I'm able to get in on my home camera system, I skip back to the day where Billie was 'found dead'.

I switch to the front door camera and I see a familiar car parked out in front. That's Tyler's car, I'm able to switch the angle and get a snapshot of his license plate.

But another girl comes out of the car and I see the large sunflower on the girl's arm. That's the girl in the morgue. Billie walks out of the house and the sunflower chick goes in.

I connect the audio setting so I can hear what they're saying. "Who's she?" Billie asked.

"An old friend, don't worry about it. I need you to take your shirt off." Tyler says.

"What?"

"Your shirt, hurry before she comes out."

"For what?" Billie asked. "Billie, trust me." Tyler persuaded her because she took her black tank top off. Tyler instantly gave her another shirt and entered the house.

Billie waited outside and Tyler came out a while after. I timed it and it was exactly 26 minutes and 14 seconds. "What the fuck took you so long?" Billie asked when he came out.

"Morgan said she's gonna stall when he comes." Tyler says. "Stall? Wait, Aminah, I have to get her." Billie said.

"No Billie, you can't go back in there."

"I have to get Aminah, she's sleeping." Billie retaliated. "Listen. We do not have the time." 

"He's gonna kill her!" Billie yells. Okay, so who's the 'he' she's talking about? "No he won't, Ashlyn will find her, I promise."

"No-" Tyler cut Billie off with a punch causing her to fall onto the ground. He looked around and picked Billie up and placed her in the car.

When he turned, I saw the glimpse of behind his arm: Blood.
______________________

"Hey Amanda, when you guys found the corpse, what was she wearing?" I ask.

"Black tank top." I'm told and I nod before thanking her.

I go back to my office where my team is waiting and what I thought was confirmed. Tyler killed Morgan.

"We need to search for a red Sudan and Tyler Jameson, the Sudan is his. This footage shows that he's the key to Billie and is a suspect in the murder of Morgan Idris." I tell my team and they nod.

"Okay, I have to get going to see someone, when I come back, I better see some progress."

"Yes Detective."

I leave the room and the police precinct and I get in my car driving to my mom's to get Aminah. When I get there, the door opens immediately and I see my sister. "It's true? She's not dead?" She gleams.

"Hopefully not." I sigh. I hear my baby's voice and her little footsteps. "Mommy!" She runs to me and I pick her up.

"Hello my angel." I smile kissing her cheek. "You guys are leaving?"

"Uh yeah, I promised Maggie I'd see her and Minah hasn't seen her in a while," I tell her. "I'm leaving, tell Mom I'll call her later, I love you guys."

I grab Aminah's things and I go back to the car. I put her in the car seat and I get in driver's seat and I drive off to Maggie's. "Nana?" Aminah babbles when we arrive and I smile before saying.

"You wanna see Nana? She's excited to see my love." I get out of the car and I place her on the ground and she waddles to the front door and I knock on it. It opens and Maggie hugs me and kneels down picking up Aminah eliciting giggles from her.

Damn, those laughs remind me so much of Billie. I shake my head and I walk into the house earning a hug from her Dad. "How are you doing?" Patrick asks me.

"Holding on, how about you?"

"We're confused honestly, you confirmed that she's missing instead of dead?" He asks. "I'm not really supposed to talk about this with you but I guess I can make an exception. There's security footage of her running away, she mentioned a man, but I don't know who, we're looking into her ex and close friend Tyler." 

"Tyler?"

"Yes, he's a leading suspect in a new murder investigation."

"That's funny. Tyler was just here."

I'm excited to be back!