5

Ashlyn POV

"When you say here, you mean literally here like in this house?" I ask Maggie. "Yeah, a few hours ago." Patrick says.

"Did you guys catch what his car looked like?" I ask. I have to make sure he's not switching from vehicle to vehicle. "Um no, I really wasn't paying attention. He just came in and kept apologizing to us."

"You guys still have the security cameras?" I ask them. "The ones Billie forced you to put in?" I nod at her question. "Yes, we still have it, do you need to see it."

"Please." Patrick enters his room and comes back out with his laptop. He signs in and shows the many cameras and I ask, "Around what time was he here?"

"Around 12 in the afternoon." Maggie answers. I'm able to get in the time logs and I skip around the time and I see the same red car pull up.

"Wait Ashlyn, why do you need all this information?"

"Maggie, Tyler knows where Billie is. She ran off with him to God knows where."

"You don't- don't think she's sleeping with him?"

"I don't even want to think about that, we all know what happened a few years ago."

FLASHBACK

"Billie, baby where are you?" I ask as I walked into my house. She texted me saying she needed to talk to me.

"I'm in here!" I hear her in the bathroom and I walk in to see her sitting on the toilet. "Hey, are you okay?" I kneel beside and she cups my face.

"Ashlyn, I need you to know that I love you more than anything in the world and I don't want you to forget that."

"Billie, I'm confused, I love you too, but I have no idea at what you're hinting at. Just tell me." I kiss her forehead and she sighs "Remember the party you threw me for my birthday?" I nod at her question.

"When you left, I- uh- sort of."

"Sort of what Billie?" I press her on. "I had sex with someone else!" She yelled. "I cheated on you." She sighs. I remove my hands away from her and I get up.

"H-how could you?" I ask her and she gets up and tries to hug me but I stop her. "Ashlyn..."

"I gave you everything you could possibly want. Everything! Am I not enough? Do you still want something from me. I've done everything right a-and-"

"Ashlyn, I know, I know. I promise it was one time, I didn't even know the guy." Billie says. "So we're sleeping with strangers now!?"

"What do you want me to tell you!? That I slept with your friend or a family member!?"

"Billie, I can't believe you. Oh my God!" I cover my face. "Please Ashlyn, I'm telling you, I swear to you that it was nothing more than a mistake."

"Billie, don't. Don't touch me."

"I- I think I'm pregnant." She mutters causing me to look at her with a hard glare. "You're what?"

"I don't know, I haven't gotten my period in two months. I might be pregnant, I'm so sorry."

"You can't be. You have to be joking." She shakes her head and hands me something. A pregnancy test. A positive pregnancy test. "I am."

"Jesus have mercy." I mutter. Billie gets up and hugs me as I stay in my place with a pregnancy test in my hand. "I'm so sorry." She sobs in my shoulder, her fingers reaching in my hair.