8

Ashlyn POV

I sit in the chair with the lamp on looking at Billie sleeping and I spin the pistol on the table. We left Aminah with my family since Billie and I know she's safe. I see Billie shuffle and she sits up quickly panting. "Hey, hey. You're okay, I'm here." I sit by her.

"Ashlyn, it's not safe here, we need to go." She pleads. "No, it's okay here, we need to talk anyway; about a few things." I put a piece of hair behind my ear.

"What is it?" Billie asks. "First, here's your ring." I pass it to her and she cups it in her  hand. "Hm, I forgot about it." She mutters.

"You forgot?" I ask. "I've been so stressed I didn't really have the time to worry about it." She shrugs. "Billie, did you mean to say yes?" I ask her. 

"What are you talking about?" She tilts her head. "Do you actually want to marry me?" I ask again.

"O-of course, why would you ask that?" She scoffs. "If you do, then why would you forget about the ring?"

"Well, I'm sorry, I've been too worried about getting murdered than caring for a ring."

"You keep mentioning getting murdered, but then you didn't come to me."

"What was I supposed to do!?" She asks. "Come to me! I was the exact person to come to, I'm a detective, I sleep next to you everyday, it's not hard to just utter the words!" I shout.

"I'm not doing this with you right now!" She groans. "I saw the footage Billie. You wanted to leave with Aminah and leave me empty handed." 

"It's not what you think Ashlyn." She shakes her head. "Billie, I've done every thing for you. EVERYTHING DAMN THING!" I yell causing her to flinch.

"Please Ashlyn, you're scaring me." Billie mutters. "Good! Be fucking scared. What makes you think you have the right to leave me here after I stayed with your ass after YOU cheated and had a baby!? I didn't leave you, so why did you try to leave me!?" 

"I'm sorry!"

"What else do you want from me? I'm so confused. You have to tell me, at least make one thing add up." I shake my head. I put my elbows on the bed and cover my face with my hands. 

"Please, I promise it's not what you think, I love you more than anything in the world, you and Aminah. I was just so scared, I wasn't thinking straight." Billie tells me and I sigh. 

I get into the bed and she kisses me softly and I deepen it. The kiss escalates quickly and she ends up on my lap. I pull her closer to me and she groans when I bite her lower lip. "Ash, I just want to forget everything that's going on for one night. Just one night." She states.

"I know, I'm just trying to understand what's going on." I hum before kissing her again.

"I can tell you, but not tonight. I just want to be with you again. I missed you." Billie sighs. I sigh and nod kissing her again and she pushes me down on the bed a little and takes her shirt off.

***

Billie POV

I wake up and I look around and I see Ashlyn who's sleeping softly snoring and I sit up with the blanket covering my chest. 

I lean over to Ashlyn and I kiss her neck a few times before she begins to stir. "Are you up now?" I ask softly. 

Ashlyn turns around and pulls me down next to her. "Did you sleep well?" She asks me and I nod. "Can I tell you everything now?" I ask her.

"Sure. How did it start?" She sits us up. 

"It started when Tyler showed me some video of my parents talking to Finneas about me. My parents thought that it was unfair how I got all this fame be cause of Finneas and him not getting any credit which isn't true at all. 

I talk about him all the time, I even dedicated a song to him, I don't know what else they could want. Basically, my parents started some plot to kill me, so then Finn could take over-"

"Do you have this video on you?" Ashlyn asks. "No, Tyler was the one who had it, why?" 

"If I can get my hands on the video, I get the proof I need and arrest them. I just need the proof."

"Well, it's on Tyler phone." 

"Great, we go get Tyler." She gets up. "Woah, woah, what are you talking, you're going no where near him. You don't even know where he is." I get up walking after her.

"So? We'll find him, arrest him, get the phone and find the video. That seems pretty easy when you say it." Ashlyn shrugs. 

"Ashlyn, it's not that easy, can you- wait, just hold on one second please." I stop her from putting clothes on. "What Billie, I'm trying to help you."

"You think you getting killed is going to help me? I'm not even finished telling you everything. Sit back down." I say. She sighs but listens.

"Finneas didn't agree with my parents' idea and said no, when my parents threatened him, he left which is why he's been M.I.A, when really he's in Hawaii with Claudia. Tyler said he was going to help me get away from them and he had a whole plan but I couldn't tell you."

"And you didn't think it was a little suspicious that he told you not to tell me, a detective?" She asks me. "I- I don't know, I guess?" I shrug.

"We went on with his plan and we left you and Aminah, which I'm still sorry about." I tell her and she nods.

"But I had no idea how far he went to 'protect' me, and then I found out that he had killed Morgan and he started acting weird, so I left and thought maybe I could find somewhere else and I came back to the house." I say.

"And I found you." Ashlyn clarifies. "Yeah."

"Okay, I know what to do." She grabs my hands.

"What?" I ask. "We'll take you to Tyler." 

Hi