Ashlyn POV

"I have to go right now." I say to Conway, but he stops me. "With zero backup? I'm coming with."

"Alright, let's go. Hurry up." I say. I run up those wooden stairs and I get into my car, I might not find Billie, but I'll get Tyler and I'll force him to tell me where she is.

I turn on my sirens and I speed through the interstate. What turns out to be a 30 minute drive turned into a 10 minute one and I spotted Tyler's car in my driveway. I grab my pistol from my glove department and a fresh magazine and I locked the bullets in cocking the gun.

"You got a blade on you?" I ask Conway. "Yeah, I do. Why?"

"I need it."

"For what?"

"To poke his tires, even if we don't get him, he won't get anywhere with flat tires."

"Smart." He places his blade in mt hand and I get out and I walk over to Tyler's car. I stab each tire a few times and I look in the car. Nothing suspici- Billie's ring. Engagement ring.

Okay Ashlyn, this is gonna fucking hurt but you'll be fine.

I punch the window hard enough for it to shatter and luckily his car alarm is off so it doesn't make noise. I look at my bloody knuckles but shake it off and I reach for the ring.

I'm sorry, but I paid 625 thousand dollars for this, there is no way he's going to take it.

I walk into the house and Conway follows me. The lights are on and I pull out my pistol. I look to my side to make sure everything is clear. I get to the living room and I make eye contact.

With her.

"Fuck." Billie grabs her coat and runs for it. I drop my gun and run after her, I know exactly where she's heading. I chase after her and right when we get to the garage, my arms slither around her waist and I pull her to me harshly.

Billie grunts at the force of our collision "No!" She yells. "Shh, calm down." I say. "No.. He's gonna kill me! PLEASE." She begs me.

"Stop. Stop, you're fine, you're gonna be okay." I mutter in her ear and she digs her fingers into my arm. "He's gonna kill me." She sobs. I turn her around and squeeze her tight as she squirms in my arms.

"Please. I'm so scared Ashlyn! They're all gonna kill me, I can't be here. I don't want to die."

"You're with me, no one will hurt you."

"I don't wanna stay here." I rock her until she kind of goes limp. I get up with her still in my arms, I cup her face and lock my lips with hers. Her hands at my waist pulling me closer to her.

My fingers go into her hair scratching her scalp with my nails causing her to groan. It was hard to tell which one of us was dominating the kiss, it was like we were both begging for it, craving each other.

Billie deepened the kiss even more that she was gripping my waist and I pull the coat out of her hand and I back her up into the house closing the door behind us.

"Um-" We both pull away and we see Conway. "So you found her, but no Tyler?" Conway asks.

"No."

"Tyler? You know?" Billie asks. "For you. Damn it, I missed you." I tell her. "As-"

"Just stop talking for one second." I sigh and kiss her again. "Please don't leave me again." I mutter and she says "I'm sorry."

"We have to bring her in for questioning." Conway says. "Huh? Why?" I ask. "We need to question her about Tyler." Conway says.

"Not right now, she needs some time."

"No, Tyler killed Morgan. That's why I came back to the house to get more things so I could go somewhere else." 

"It's okay, you're safe. You're with me now." I tell her. "Ashlyn, I'm scared." Billie hugged me tighter. "She's not going to go in for questioning right now. Maybe tomorrow." I tell Conway and he nods. 

"Take my car and drop it off at the station, if I don't see it tomorrow morning, you won't have a job." I throw my car keys at him and I walk us back into the house. "Can we not stay here?" Billie asked. 

"Huh?" I ask. Billie sniffled as she rubbed her eyes. "Can we stay at your loft or a hotel? They might find out I'm here." 

"Who's they," I ask. "It's not Tyler."

Billie POV

"No, Tyler was trying to help me, but I didn't know how far he was willing to go to help. We got into an argument and he admitted to killing her." I mutter.

"What exactly did he say?" Ashlyn asks me. "I told him that I wanted to come back and he said I was being selfish after all he had done including killing Morgan, Ashlyn, he had her face. Like he fucking ripped her face off." 

"Okay, we can go to my loft, we'll go pick up Aminah at your parents' place."

"I can't go with you to my parents'." 

"Why not?" 

"They're the ones trying to kill me." 

I want some Ice cream