7

Ashlyn POV

"No, that's not possible. I just talked with them today." I shake my head. "Are you going to believe me or them?" Billie asks. "I'm not saying you're lying. It's just not adding up." I tell her. "Can we just go before someone comes?"

"TOO LATE!" I hear Tyler's voice. I look to my right and I see Tyler with a gun and he's visibly drunk with a bloody nose. He shoots but misses. I grab Billie's hand and I pull her into the bedroom.

"Open the window!" I tell her. "I'm not jumping down there! I think I hurt my ankle earlier." Billie says. "It's not for us baby, just open it." I tell her. 

She proceeds to open the window and I back her up into the closet. "What-"

"I know what I'm doing, just stay in here and stay quiet, okay?" 

"He's going to kill you, please I don't wanna lose you." She grabbed my hand. "I will be fine. Just go hide in the closet and don't make noise." I say and she nods before getting in the closet and I open the room door hiding behind her. 

Soon enough, Tyler drunkenly walks in and he's slurring in his words. "Billie....!!!!!! Where are you? You don't think you can just leave me hanging AFTER EVERYTHING I DID!" Tyler shouts. 

He tumbles over to the window and assumes that we jumped out and he steps his foot on the ledge steeping onto the latter that's outside of the window. 

When he steps out, I walk to the window carefully and I peak my head out of the window and I see him run into the driveway and away from the house. 

I open the closet and I pull Billie out of the closet and she hugs me tightly. "Let's get out of here now." I state and she nods. 

We walk into the garage and I get my keys to the Bugatti I have and I get Billie into it before getting in myself. I start the car and get onto the driveway and out onto the road. 

"Ashlyn?" She says my name. "Yeah?" I glance at her. "Can we go get Aminah?" She asks. "Yeah, do you wanna go to the station while I pick her up? If you don't want your parents to see you?" I ask her. 

"No, I'll just not go in and your passenger window is tinted, so they won't see me."

"Okay." 

"Can't you just arrest them?" She asks me. "Baby, there's no evidence. I can't just go in there and put cuffs on them."

"Isn't that your job?" She raises her eyebrow. "Billie, I'm not just some police officer, I actually think about things before doing it. I just need to get something on them, even if it's small, I'll catch them. I promise." 

She nods and I drive to Maggie and Patrick's place. Once I get there, I knock on the door and Maggie opens it with Aminah in her arms. "Hey, you're here to pick her up, it sure is getting late." Maggie says.

"Yeah, thanks for watching her again." I say. "Did you find Tyler?" Maggie asks me. "Uh, no." I lie. 

"Oh, that sucks. We need to get Billie." She hints at something. "Yeah.. What did you say you and Tyler talked about again?"

"Oh, nothing, he just came and apologized." She says and I can see right on her. She's lying, she's fiddling with her necklace on her neck. Her voice is softer, she's laughing awkwardly, and covering her mouth.

Those are easy signs that a person is lying. "Uh huh." I say questioningly. I take Aminah and the bag away from her and I thank her again before getting back in the Bugatti. Once I get into the car with Aminah, Billie smiles and gets her from me.

"Hello my little one, I missed you so much." She said coddling her. 

"Did my mom tell you anything."

"No, but she's lying about something." I say.

Tyler POV

I sluggishly knock onto Patrick and Maggie's door. "Where is she?" Patrick pulls me into the house. "She got away." I slur groaning at the headache.

"Does Ashlyn know?"

"I walked into the house and they were together. They got away."

"Damn it, Finneas is already gone and he doesn't want to the job because he won't hurt his sister, so he can't do it. Tyler, you had one job! JESUS!"

Sorry, I know this is short but another chapter is coming. What do you think Tyler was supposed to do?