Your Shirt

Y/n POV
It's been a year since I broke up with her. I know I was crazy to do that but we had our problems. Even if we were madly in love I knew that with everything going on we wouldn't last. Everyday I wake up to an
empty bed searching to see if she was there, but my arms were empty. I stalk her Instagram to see what she's been doing. It seems like she's got her life going good. I don't think she's started dating again. I look through all the photos, videos and memories we made for 2 years. Everyday I think about her whether I'm training, eating or watching TV she's always on my mind. I look at her contact number on my phone, my finger hovering over her picture. I always chicken out. I know if we were to get back together we would still be having issues. I just miss her so much. It seems like it happened just yesterday .

Flashback General POV
Y/n: NO ARIANA I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS AGAIN!
Ariana: WHY? I SAW YOU STARING AT THAT GIRL TODAY!
Y/n: FOR THE LAST TIME I WASN'T LOOKING AT NO ONE!
Ariana: YOU KNOW WHAT F**K YOU!

Ariana run up into their shared bedroom slamming the door shut. Y/n fell onto the couch pulling at his hair. He sighed finally calming down. Y/n looked up at the bedroom door. All he and Ariana did now was argue. For the past few months he felt like they were drifting apart. Their schedules started to clash. Y/n has been busy getting ready for the FIFA World Cup. He's a striker on the US men's national soccer team. Ariana's been in the studio getting ready to release a new album. Both of them haven't been having the time to spend with each other. Both of them arriving home while the other is sleeping. Ariana has been going crazy thinking that Y/n has been cheating when in fact he's been training. Every-time they see each other they argue over the smallest things. Usually Ariana would start a fight over nothing. When they go out in public they stay civil with each other. When the first started dating they were like love sick puppies. Both of them making time to spend the day with each other. They went on multiple dates a week. Although they didn't share so much PDA with the public they did confirm they were dating after much speculation. They would constantly post about each other. Recently fans caught note of them post less about each other and people have been questioning if they are dating. After doing a lot of thinking Y/n finally decides to make a decision. He gets up from his seat before making his way to their shared bedroom. He knocks on the door hearing a locking sound. The door opens to reveal an slightly angry Ariana. He makes his way into the room before plopping himself down on the bed. He sighs before looking at Ariana with sad eyes.

Y/n: Ari we need to talk.
Ariana: What do you want to talk about and make it quick?
Y/n: Ok...ithinkweshouldbreakup.
Ariana: What did you say?
Y/n: I...think...we should break up.
Ariana: No you have got to be kidding me!

Ariana looks at Y/n with teary eyes.

Y/n: Ariana, for the past few months all we have been doing is arguing or ignoring each other. We fight about the smallest things. We never see each other the only times we go out is for events or just going to the mall. But even then I can feel that we don't have the connection like we used to. You constantly accuse me of cheating when I would never dream to. I just feel that a break would better our selves.
Ariana: Please Y/n, you can't. I promise we will fix this. Just please don't leave me.
Y/n: Ariana I'm sorry but if we continue to stay together we will still fight. I don't want to fight anymore. If we give our selves space then maybe we could be better. As for this penthouse. You can keep it. I'll go find myself an apartment I have enough money. Let your family keep you company.

Y/n got up but Ariana held him down, crying into his shoulder begging him to stay. He removed a crying Ariana from him. Tears rapidly leaving his eyes. He grabs a few of his suitcases before filling them with his clothes and belongings. He takes them to his car. Before taking his keys, phone and wallet. He leaves the house one last time hearing a crying Ariana. He quickly leaves making his way to his car, starting the engine and leaving the person he called home for 2 years. He finds a hotel in the next town over. He parks his car and takes out all the suitcases putting them on a cart. He enters the hotel and asks for a room. The front desk worker gives him a key card and he pays for the room. He makes his way to the room putting all the suitcases in his room and returning the cart. He plops down on the bed, he finally lets out a sob stuffing his face into the pillow. He knows he did the right thing but the pain is like nothing he's ever experienced.