Modern Love

Modern Greek Gods AU. Trigger warning for abuse and talks about murder. Hope it's okay!

♡◇♡

~~~

She didn't think she would get dizzy when the elevator ascended towards the penthouse, but that's how she found herself seconds later. Y/n wobbled on her feet, tumbling towards the wall before sliding down and closing her eyes. That's honestly never happened before, but with what happened earlier, she can probably understand.

When the elevator dinged and the doors slide opened, it looked weirdly creepy that there was no one in the elevator when it opened up, but when Athena started towards the elevator, knowing only one person who has access to her penthouse, she was slightly worried. "Y/n?" She walked through the doors, looking down at her girlfriend, curious to why she was sitting on the dirty elevator. But none of that mattered when Y/n looked up at her with tears in her eyes and a nasty bruised eye that made Athena gasp.

"Oh my, Y/n!" Athena helped her girlfriend up, which was the easiest task for the goddess of wisdom and brought her out into the foyer. "My love, what happen? Who's done this horrible act to you?" She questions, but Y/n breaks down in her arms, burying her head in the goddess' shoulder.

Athena gently rubs Y/n's back, whispering calming words into her ears as she holds the young woman close. "My love, please.." she pleads, "who did this to you?" It's quiet for a few, Athena thinking her girlfriend won't tell her, but Y/n pulls back, looking up at her girlfriend.

"I.. I don't know. He was a regular at work. He always tried to get me to go out with him, but I always said no. He always laughed it off, saying one day it'll happen. I thought he was just a playful guy, until another waitress came by as he was asking me out and laughed, saying to better watch out because her girlfriend get's jealous. His smile disappeared, asking if I was a dyke over and over and started to scream in my face," Y/n lets out a sob, but doesn't stop telling Athena what happened, "h-he grabbed my arm, screaming in my face before punching me in my face. I guess I was knocked out 'cause I woke up on the floor a few minutes later." Athena tried so hard to control her rage, the hatred for this man almost breaking her promise for control.

"Athena." A deep voice came from behind the hugging couple. The goddess feeling Y/n tense up before stepping back while she lets out a low growl.

Y/n looks behind her girlfriend, spotting all of her family standing there watching them. Y/n looks down, pulling herself away, but Athena doesn't let her go. "Come, let's go to our room." Pulling her girlfriend close, Athena walks through her throng of family, ignoring all the glances at the both of them. As they walk down the hallway, Y/n detours to her daughter's room, just needing to check on the three-year-old.

Y/n stops when she already sees someone inside, watching as the woman with sunglasses rocks her daughter in the rocking chair. When the woman looks up, her mouth drops, but Athena shakes her head, stopping the woman from saying anything. Y/n walks towards her daughter, running her fingers through the little girl's blacked haired curls, before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to her daughter's forehead. Then pressing a soft kiss against the woman's cheek. "Thank you Medusa." She whispers to the woman who sends her a soft smile.

Athena walks into their room, shutting the door behind them and gently pushing Y/n towards the bed and sitting her down. "Would you like your sleepwear?" Y/n gives a nod and Athena quickly grabs Y/n's usual sleep shorts and t-shirt.

The goddess helps the now tired waitress change into her clothes before walking to the bathroom to get a warm wash cloth. Carefully, Athena cleans Y/n's face of her makeup that Athena hates when she wears. "In bed darling." She urges, Y/n nodding and slides up and under the covers.

"Have you eaten?" The young mom shakes her head, letting out a yawn as she closes her eyes. "Are you hungry?" Her stomach grumbles loudly, as if replying for her. Athena chuckles while Y/n blushes, looking away. "I'll be right back." Athena kisses her forehead before leaving their bedroom and shutting the door behind her.

As Medusa walks out of the little girl's bedroom, she stops the goddess. "What happened?"

"Some puny mortal couldn't take no as an answer and when he found out about me, he did not like it. I want to murder him Medusa.." she growls out, looking at the other goddess, who can't help but smirk.

"You truly love her."

"Of course I do.. my entire life, nothing has mattered to me, but when I saw her and Ashley, everything became clear. I was happier and I cannot imagine my life without her. She's the one." Medusa can't help but smile, happy for her friend.

"What of your family?"

"They're either with or against me." Athena shrugs her shoulders, a small smile etched on her lips. Medusa chuckles, walking with her towards the kitchen where the snacks were set up.

"Sister, when are you gonna throw that puny mortal out?" Ares come up from behind, letting out a sigh after realizing that his sister was in deep.

"Never."

"She can't give you anything and she comes with baggage. How can you not see that?"

"Everyone has baggage Ares." She ignores his scoffing, taking a plate back to her girlfriend, before turning back to her family.

"This gathering is over. Leave." They don't hesitate and soon most are all leaving, except a few. Aphrodite, Zeus, Amphitrite, Hera, Hestia, Iris and of course Medusa stay, not really caring about the mortal love that Athena has. She pays them no mind though, walking back to her room and slipping inside.

"You should be resting my love, not on your silly telephone." Y/n gives her a smile, taking the plate from her, before giving her a kiss in return.

"Your family hates me." Athena doesn't disagree, but gives her a smile.

"My father likes you and Medusa loves you-"

You're father tolerates me and Medusa loves me because I hooked her up with my best friend who's blind."

"She loved you before that."

Y/n snorts, "she loved me because she knew she scared the shit outta me."

"Well, it doesn't matter anyways. I love you. And Ashley. A lot, so don't worry about my family." Y/n smiles, leaning forward and kissing her girlfriend softly.

"I love you too."

"Good, now eat and then rest. Because later you're telling me what time he's usually there so I can kill him."

"Athena, no. Besides, he's in jail."

"Like that'll stop me," she mumbles quietly, but Y/n still hears it and shakes her head.

"Just cuddle me, please?" Athena nods, taking her heels off and sliding next to her girlfriend.

"I'm sorry about your party." But Athena waves her off as she shakes her head.

"You're more important." Y/n blushes at the words, still not knowing how she got so lucky with Athena, since she's like, a fucken goddess, but she's gonna do whatever it takes to keep her.