04. potentially everyone

s1e5: sinners and saints

Brynley sat on the patio of the Mikaelson mansion the next night. She was on a video call with Chase and Elle, discussing what to do about Audubon.

"People are starting to get mad here, Bryn." Chase informed and Brynley sighed.

"They want to go into the Quarter." Elle added.

"Just tell them that they need to hold off for just a little longer," Brynley sighed. "At least until Marcel stops having vampires following me wherever I go."

"He has vamps following you?" Elle questioned.

"He thinks I know fairies that are in town," Brynley rolled her eyes. "His guys aren't exactly discrete when they're following someone. We just need to wait until he stops that, and then people can start going into the Quarter again. Does that sound good? I'm honestly just thinking about what Elijah would tell me to do, I have no idea what I'm doing."

Elijah walked quietly into the patio as she said that sentence, a smile rising up to his face.

"You're doing great." Elle assured her and Chase nodded.

"We should we go and tell the Council what you said." Chase suggested. 

"Bye Bryn." Elle waved.

"Bye guys." Bryn ended the call and let out a sigh. She covered her face with her hands as she tried not to cry. Despite what Elle said, Brynley did not think she was handling this well. She was afraid she would make one wrong choice about the society and fail Audubon. And then one person she wanted to talk to about it was in an attic at St. Anne's church.

"My, look at how stressed you are." Brynley looked up and saw Elijah through her tear-filled eyes. She immediately stood up and ran into his arms.

"I missed you so much." Brynley mumbled and Elijah kissed the top of her head.

"I missed you too," Elijah looked down at her and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Why are you crying?"

"Like you said, I'm stressed." Brynley sighed.

"We'll talk about it tonight, but we all have something to discuss." Elijah promised and Brynley nodded before the two went to join Rebekah, Hayley, and Klaus inside.

"Everything that brought us here to New Orleans was a lie." Elijah spoke to the four of them. "This story that Sophie Deveraux fabricated, this struggle for control of the French Quarter, this war between vampires and witches, wasn't over territory at all, this was over Davina."

"Eight months ago, Sophie Deveraux and her sister Jane-Anne lost everything. Now, four months after that, a young pregnant girl wanders into their restaurant. Suddenly, all hope is renewed. Jane-Anne actually sacrificed her life so that her sister can use you to find Davina," Elijah explained. "If Sophie Deveraux is successful in capturing Davina, she can return Jane-Anne's daughter back to life. We thought we'd come here to wage a war for power. This is about family. In order to return her niece to life, Sophie Deveraux will fight to the death. That makes her more dangerous than anyone."

-

Brynley sat in her and Elijah's bedroom, dressed in a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt for bed. She brushed her hair in front of the mirror as Elijah came into the room.

"Your friend is right." Elijah spoke up and Brynley turned around to look at him, not exactly convinced. "You're handling all of this very well, the decisions you're making are good."

"What if one day I make a wrong decision?" Brynley asked and Elijah sat down on the bed before he pulled Bryn into his arms.

"You can't think like that," Elijah whispered. "You have to trust yourself, trust the decisions you make. I'll be here to help you make them, but you won't need my help."