37. take her away from us

s2e16: save my soul

Brynley and Elijah walked into the compound and Klaus looked at them, standing in front of a table set up for brunch. "There you are. Finally."

"Someone delayed us." Eljjah smirked and Brynley rolled her eyes.

"The jeans I was planning on wearing today no longer fit because I'm carrying our daughter, so dial back on the sass, would you?" Brynley crossed her arms as she took off her jacket, Elijah taking it from her so he could hang it up.

"She's got you there, brother." Klaus agreed with Brynley. "Our guest of honor will be here momentarily."

"Okay, I'm just gonna grab some food and then I'll head upstairs." Brynley said.

"You aren't joining us?" Klaus questioned.

"We still do not know if it was Finn or Freya who attempted to kill our daughter with that spell on Brynley the other day." Elijah reminded.

"So yeah, I would rather not have brunch with who might be my child's attempted murderer." Brynley sighed and grabbed a plate of fruit.

"You know I would protect you." Eljjah whispered.

"Yes, I will gladly rip Freya's bloody head off of she tries something Bryn, because frankly, I don't see why we should trust her!" Klaus smirked.

"Promise me you won't leave me alone with her." Brynley mumbled to Elijah.

"I promise." Elijah agreed and Brynley nodded, agreeing to stay at the table for brunch. "Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn. We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you are planning here? Don't."

"All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative." Klaus shrugged.

"You just threatened to rip her head off." Brynleh pointed out.

"In the name of defending your child, try to sound a little more grateful, will you? Brother, you yourself said to hear her out." Klaus said.

"And you yourself said that would be idiocy." Elijah replied.

"Did I? Well, it does sound like me. Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect our daughters, I'd prefer she share it on my terms." Klaus explained and pointed to his ear. "Ah! I think I hear her now! Sister! Well, come in! Come in! Make yourself comfortable."

Brynley gripped Elijah's arm nervously and he held her hand, trying to calm her down as the two looked at Freya Mikaelson.

-

Brynley stood next to Elijah as they watched Freya and Klaus make small talk in the dining room.

"This witch-hoop, it's Danish. Is this from when you all lived in Copenhagen in the 1500s?" Freya held a small artifact in her hands.

"Quite the eye!" Klaus complimented.

"Forgive me, are we here to discuss family heirlooms, or do we have more pressing concerns?" Elijah spoke and Brynley nodded.

"Please excuse my brother's lack of decorum. He's been in a foul mood of late-" Klaus began.

"No Niklaus, I am not in a foul mood, I'm just worried for my daughter, who Freya may or may not have attempted to kill." Elijah cut him off.

Klaus rolled his eyes before speaking, "But, he is right. I did ask you here in the hopes that you would share some of Dahlia's secrets. So, without further ado, let's get to it!"

The four took their seats at the table filled with breakfast food. Klaus and Freya sat at the opposite heads of the table while Brynley sat next to Elijah, Klaus on her other side.