34. can't stay hidden

bryn's dress for the wedding^
s2e14: i love you, goodbye

Cami was speeding down the road in the SUV while Brynley sat with Hope in the backseat of the car, trying to get her to stop crying.

"It's okay, it's okay. We're almost there, right, Cami?" Brynley looked at Cami.

"Yes," Cami nodded. "It's okay, sweet girl. I just need to find a pay phone."

She turned the car at a run-down auto garage. Cami rushed out to the pay phone while Brynley picked Hope up and got out of the car.

"Damn it!" Cami tripped and dropped her loose change. Hope started to cry harder and Brynley tried to calm her down. "Oh, I'm sorry! I'm sorry. You're being so brave, the least I can do is watch my step."

"Relax, I got it." Brynley lifted her hand and the coins levitated off the ground, into Cami's hands. The blonde and the brunette turned around at a sound.

"Whoever's out there, if you try anything, I will gouge out your eyes!" Camille threatened.

"That's violent." Brynley mumbled before she handed Hope to Camille and raised her hands in defense, her eyes glowing gold.

"Actually, that's probably not necessary." The two turned around to see Elijah, his clothes were covered in ash and burnt. "You're okay."

"Of course I'm okay." Brynley mumbled as Elijah pulled her into a hug.

"Finn knows about your pregnancy." Elijah whispered and Brynley's eyes widened in fear, Elijah cupped her face with his hands. "Everything is going to be okay, I promise you. I just thought he would attempt to harm you-"

"He did! Something was happening to me, there was this pain in my stomach-" Brynley rambled.

"Is the baby alright?" Elijah asked.

"They're okay," Brynley nodded. "I did a spell earlier, a protection spell."

"Good." Eljjah said. "Let's move!"

-

Brynley, Elijah, Cami, and Hope arrived back in New Orleans.

"Could you zip up my dress?" Brynley asked as she stood in front of the mirror in her and Elijah's bedroom in the Mikaelson bathroom.

"Of course." Elijah nodded and walked over to her, zipping up the lavender dress. "You look beautiful."

"I look bloated." Brynley mumbled as she walked over to her vanity and grabbed a pair of earrings.

"You're pregnant." Eljjah reminded and Brynley smiled.

"Only a month." Brynley said. "I'm going to the doctor's in Audubon tomorrow, do you think you could come?"

"I will be there." Eljjah promised.

"What are we going to do, Lijah?" Brynley asked. "Finn knows, and he tried to kill the baby yesterday."

"We'll figure it out. Nothing is going to happen to either of you, okay?" Elijah whispered. "I'm going to protect you both with everything in me, but I think I have an idea."

"What?" Brynley looked at him.

"Let's move," Elijah suggested and Brynley's eyes widened. "Across the river, Algiers, just you, me, and our child. There's not as many witches as there are here, so you'll be better protected."

"Wow." Brynley gasped.

"I know it sounds rushed, but Marcel is building this vampire community over there, and I believe with my assistance, it could prosper." Eljjah explained. "Brynley, if I help Marcel with this, the vampires will trust me and-"