08. a little pressured

s1e9: reigning pain in new orleans

"People! Quiet, please!" Liam yelled. He, Brynley, the rest of the Council, the Cabinet, stood in the town square of Audubon, every fairy in the society standing in front of her. "Allow our Monarch to speak."

"Thank you," Brynley stepped up with a smile. "I'm sure you have all heard that Marcel no longer controls the Quarter, Klaus does."

Brynley let out a sigh before continuing, "Which could means we could all possibly come out of hiding. I'm going to speak with Klaus this afternoon, asking him for some sort of deal."

"So we will be able to reveal our community?" A fairy asked.

"I can't guarantee anything, because it might not be safe for us just yet." Brynley sighed and checked her phone, turning to Liam. "I have to go."

Brynley walked through the crowd and to the exit of Audubon. She flicked her wrist, pushing the vines covering the exit out of the way to see Elijah standing on the other side. "Hi."

"Hello, my love," Elijah smirked and their lips met. Brynley smiled into the kiss before pulling away. "How are you?"

"I'm good," Brynley answered. "Feeling a little pressured, since every fairy in the society is waiting for me to tell them we can come out of hiding."

"Hopefully they can soon." Elijah said. "Now come on, we have to go save some wolves."

-

"Hey, they're obviously here. Fan out, find 'em, and bring me some heads!" One of Marcel's vampires. Diego, yelled as Elijah, Rebekah, and Brynley walked up to him in the Bayou.

"I'd rather you didn't." Elijah disagreed.

"The hell are you three doing out here?" Diego asked.

"I've come to suggest you seek other hunting grounds." Elijah recommended.

"Suggestion noted..." Diego shrugged but tried to move past Elijah.

"Oh Diego, it would be such a shame to have to rearrange that pretty face." Rebekah approached him.

"What the hell do you care about wolves?" Diego questioned.

"I just don't think people need to die." Brynley replied.

"Unlike my sweet, stunning soulmate, I don't care about wolves, however, this particular clan is not to be touched." Elijah explained and Brynley smiled at the mention of her. "Goodbye."

"Bye." Brynley waved at Diego, Rebekah doing the same.

"Nothing here anyway." Diego whistled and him and the rest of the vampires left.

"Stunning?" Brynley walked over to Elijah's side with a smirk on her face.

"Oh, you know it." Elijah rolled his eyes playfully.

"Ah, great. I think as well our job here is done." Rebekah spoke up.

"Not quite." Elijah whispered and grabbed Brynley by the waist before speeding away, Rebekah following.

"Give me a warning the next time you do that!" Brynley scolded and Elijah shrugged. The two turned to Eve, the same women who watching them when Elijah was bitten.

"We're not here to harm you. Hello, again. Eve, was it?" Elijah said to the blonde women.

"One of Hayley's litter-mates, I presume?" Rebekah guessed.

"Hayley sent you here to protect us, didn't she? Tell her we appreciate the concern, but we've been looking out for ourselves for a while now. Nobody finds us unless we wanna be found." Eve explained.