07. i was broken, you fixed me

s1e8: the river in reverse

"God, I'm gonna kill Klaus." Brynley whispered as she sat down next to Elijah, who laid in a bed in a shack in the Bayou.

"Brynley." Elijah mumbled.

"Sorry," Brynley sighed and handed her soulmate a cup. "Here, drink this."

Elijah tried to drink from the cup, but immediately started to gag and couch. Brynley looked at him with a worried look and dab a cloth on his forehead. "Forgive me. Please."

"It's fine." Brynley smiled sadly at him.

"Remind me to annihilate your brother once you're healthy." Hayley said from a chair on the other side of the room. She stayed with the couple because there was boxes filled of information about wolves and possibly her family.

"Oh, I'll join you." Brynley smirked.

"Yes, remind me to remind you to get in line." Elijah replied.

"We kinda chose a terrible place to stay too." Brynley rolled her eyes and Elijah began to cough again. Brynley stood up and ran over. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Elijah nodded and slipped his hand into Brynley's before whispering to her: "Love, please, soon I'll start to see things and I'll become unstable. Just leave me-"

"No." Brynley shook her head. "Hell no, I'm not leaving you."

Brynley kissed his forehead before whispering: "You'll always have me, I'm always going to be here."

-

Brynley turned around at the sound of Elijah's groans in pain. She ran over and placed a hand on his forehead, wanting to check his temperature. Once she did, her surrounded changed and she was now looking at a women relaxing in a bathtub as Elijah entered the room.

The Fletcher girl's vision blacked out as her surrounds changed again, now back in the hut in the Bayou.

"Celeste?" Elijah called putting and Brynley looked at him, confused. "Bryn, my darling, I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else."

"It's okay," Brynley replied, shaking her head. "She's very pretty."

"Who?" Elijah questioned.

"Celeste." Brynley said.

"I let you enter my thoughts," Elijah sighed and Brynley nodded. "I'm sorry, I should go."

"It's okay," Brynley repeated. "You're sick."

"Wait," Elijah whispered and looked outside the window. "We're being watched."

Hayley ran outside, leaving the soulmates in the shack.

"Brynley, my mind is flooded with these torturous memories. You have to leave. I'm hallucinating and could hurt you, butterfly." Elijah rambled.

"Elijah, I'm not leaving," Brynley shook her head. "You've done so much for me, you've taken care of me for so long, let me take care of you."

"There are consequences for those that care." Elijah whispered. "And you have paid the price before."

"What happened to my mom wasn't your fault." Brynley reminded. "Or the other times I've been kidnapped or whatever, that's just what I get for being involved with the supernatural, or just being a Hollis. None of that was your fault."