19. pixie dust saves the day

s1e19: an unblinking death

Brynley and Elijah walked through the Bayou, attempting to find the werewolves.

"How did the fairies handle losing two of their own?" Elijah asked.

"They're angry," Brynley answered. "They want to fight back, but I told them to stay put."

"It seems like creating peace in the Quarter is going to be a bit more difficult than it appears." Elijah sighed.

"You think?" Brynley questioned sarcastically. "I don't know what to do. I'm worried that another faction is going to attempt to attack us again, and then I'm not gonna be able to control the fairies. They're going to be furious and they will want to fight back, but I don't want to-"

"You don't want to hurt anyone." Elijah said and Brynley nodded. "You're too kind for your own good. You need to stand your ground, Brynley."

"I know." Brynley nodded.

"Pardon the interruption." The soulmates walked into a hut where Hayley and Eve sat. "I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising."

The two met with Hayley, Eve, Jackson, and Oliver.

"You're making a grave mistake." Elijah informed.

"So, you're just worried about us. Is that it?" Oliver questioned.

"Look, Elijah. We know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse -" Jackson began.

"Our gift." Oliver corrected.

"Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after. Won't have to." Jackson shrugged.

"I see. There are those in the Quarter who will consider this a great provocation." Elijah reminded.

"Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way." Oliver shrugged and took a glance at Brynley.

"You signed a pledge, and you looked me in the eye as you did so." Elijah turned to Hayley.

"We don't want a fight, Elijah. We just want a better life." Hayley said.

"An alliance with Klaus will get you anything but that." Brynley spoke up.

"Why the hell are you even here?" Oliver asked.

"I don't think anyone should get hurt, doesn't matter what faction they're from." Brynley shrugged and everyone turned around at the sound of a motorcycle.

"What the hell?" Jackson whispered and they walked outside.

"Which one of you is in charge?" The man on the bike asked.

"Who's asking?" Jackson spoke up as Elijah noticed something off about the man before tackling him. Brynley could hear something ticking and quickly pushed Hayley, Jackson, and Oliver behind her.

"Bombolla de protecció!" Brynley yelled as the bike exploded. The spell went up just in time, saving the three werewolves and the fairy from being impacted by the attack.

Brynley looked around to see the damage of the explosion. She took down the bubble spell and looked at the werewolves.

"Thank you." Jackson said and Brynley nodded before running over to Elijah, who was now covered in ash.

"Are you alright?" Elijah scanned her body for injuries.

"I got bubble spell up in time." Brynley said and the soulmates ran over to Hayley, who was kneeling i front of an injured man. Elijah looked down at the man to see chemical and heat burns.