How They Met - Kate Marsh

The meeting was fleeting, a chance happening that brightened the lives of two individuals, both who needed a person who would save them from themselves, Kate struggled with her family, and Mollie struggled with her feelings, they both needed someone who they could go to when the other was dealing with awful crap.

Mollie was a photography art student on a trip to Arcadia Bay at the time, and had somehow wandered into the park, captured by the lush green, reds and yellows that scaled the area, open with paths of stone trailing around the place, a large pond in the middle of the park, glittering from the sunlight, ducks and ducklings playing around in the cool waves. Her camera hanging around her neck, a sketchpad and pencil in her arms, close to her chest as she makes her way to sit on a black wired bench, settling down and gazing around to find inspiration to draw.

And then she found her, sitting on a bench not to far from her, a young girl, seemingly peaceful in the sun, her eyes closed and her lips tipped into a small smile, her blonde hair framing her face, and bangs hanging gently over her forehead. She was the perfect image to draw from, and so Mollie sat there for a few hours roughly sketching, detailing the image, and the next time she looked up to observe the beautiful girl, her expression had changed, and she was frowning, almost tormented by something and Mollie decided she couldn't just sit there and watch this girl fall into her mind.

So she got up, stretching her legs gently and glancing at her watch, her mind reeling as she realises how long she actually spent drawing the young girl, she curses herself out momentarily, as the time nearly approached for the hospital to stop allowing visitors, thinking on her feet, she made her way over towards the bench, scribbling on the image she had drawn, and finally stopping in front of the girl.

"Hi" she begins smiling lightly, watching the girl look up at smile back, "I came here to find inspiration to draw, and when I saw you sitting here, you just looked so peaceful, I had to draw you. But after a while, I noticed you looked tormented, so I stopped drawing you" Mollie hands over the drawing "I didn't wanna continue without coming over here and asking if you were okay before I left to go see my mum" she finishes, watching as Kate admires the drawing of her, "I jot my numbers down, in case you needed somebody to talk to".

"Thank you. This is very sweet of you, I appreciate it so much" Kate thanks, standing up and hugging the artist before sitting back down again, Mollie smiles, nodding her head before walking away whistfully.