How They Met - Chloe Price

Collapsing down on the metal bar seat, the teal blue cushion softens the blow, Samantha crosses her arms on the steal cold counter top, throwing her head into the crook of her right elbow, pulling her body forward and relaxing to the soft strumming of the guitar trailing around the room from the jukebox, the tension conserved in her body, dissipating gently from her muscles.

Joyce Price notices the teenage girl slumping on the counter top once again, one of her regulars, a usually bright young girl, who consecutively orders hot chocolate and whatever the special dessert of the day is, always tipping the woman generously, every now and again, this version of the girl would enter. Hiding and cowering from her surroundings, she once confided to the older Price that here, 2 Whales Diner, is where she felt safe most of the time. Her home away from home, away from the constant women her father brought home, always caked in make-up, sharp nails and a hatred for children, insanely jealous.

Joyce swipes her hand on her apron, shifting on her short blue heels, her face morphing into one of pity as she makes her way towards the blonde girl, leaning on the opposite side of the counter, she leans in gently. Noticing the sudden feeling of being watched and the heat invading her senses from another person, Samantha tilts her head up, out of her arms, finding Joyce smiling down at her lightly. Samantha smiles back softly, gently tugging her hand through her hair, "Hi Joyce" she greets sweetly, her eyes not showing the same amount of happiness her smile conveys, Joyce tilts her head to the side softly, "'morning Samantha, usual?" she questions, getting ready to walk away upon confirmation.

Samantha nods her head softly, thanking Joyce kindly, before leaning forwards, clasping her hands together on the Diner table, tilting her head down, letting her hair drape across her face, closing her eyes and thinking over the last few hours, the soft sound of the guitar fluttering through her ears.

The bell chimes highly on the old red swing doors, cutting sharply through the guitar momentarily, signifying someone entering the Diner, clunky combat boots pat along the diner floor, coming to a stop near Samantha, the unknown person sits on the stool next to the blonde, checks around the Diner initially, before turning to look at the blonde next to her. Chloe Price nudges the girl softly "rough day huh?", the girl looks up and to her right softly, she smiles gently, "more like rough week".

Chloe nods understandingly, opening her mouth to reply, but unfortunately not being able to as her mother places a cup of hot chocolate in front of the blonde girl, as well as a pink sprinkled donut. Samantha's attention falls back on Joyce as Chloe's sticks to the girl, admiring her gentle features, from her plump lips, soft jawline, and shining eyes, she listens to their conversation.

"Here you are Sammy" Joyce speaks kindly, a certain giddiness runs through Samantha at the mouth watering site in front of her, reaching into her black ripped jeans pocket to grab a £20 note, clasping it in her fingers, she starts handing it towards Joyce only to be rejected, "Oh no, on the house today Sam" Joyce tells her softly, Samantha's mouth drops lightly before a smile lights up her face, "Thank you Joy! But at least take it as a tip" She replies, handing over the money, almost shoving it in Joyce's hand, knowing she wouldn't take it otherwise. Joyce smiles, greeting her daughter before moving on to do her job.

Samantha brings her hands into her sleeves, before picking up the mug and sipping from it gently, smooth hot chocolate slipping down her throat soothingly, gulping quietly, Samantha turns to the cute blue haired girl next to her, "so you're the infamous Chloe Price huh?" she questions, although already knowing the answer.

"That would be me" Chloe answers with a huff, shaking her head gently. Samanthareaches her hand up gently, gently moving away a tuft of blue hair out ofChloe's face "Don't worry, it's a good thing", Samantha flirts with a giggle,watching Chloe's cheeks turn a warm hue of red.