How They Met - Max Caulfield

Antithetically to the days prior, the morning Max Caulfield met Sophie Greenwood, was a golden beaming day outside, the weather striving the new and old students of Blackwell to dress a little more scandalous and revealing than the last. A heat wave plastered over Arcadia Bay, drawing even the most introverted people out of their homes and a long the streets of the town, out onto the supple boiling sand of the beach.

But unfortunately for the photography students of Blackwell, the first day of Photography class with the famous photographer Mark Jefferson was moments from approaching, the groupies of the class were beaming, almost bouncing in their seats to get a first glance of their young male teacher. The class sits, scattered about the room, filled with posters, notices and pictures. A whiteboard decorated with assignments and timetables sits behind the desk of the teacher, his desk placed next to a large set of windows, glaciers of light beaming in through the windows, rainbows reflecting through the shimmering rays.

The famous photographer walks in with a confident stride, the girls in the class giddy in their seats, Max notices Victoria playing with her clothes from the back of the class, observing as her face changes into one of lustrous connotations. The man introduces himself to his early comers, walking around his desk to grab a clipboard with a register clipped onto it, he notes, everybody is present but one.

Sophie Greenwood. A rather outgoing girl, socially deemed pretty with hip waist brunette hair, often tied up in a neat ponytail with a different scrunchie each time, shining emerald eyes, and despite the amount of time she spends bathing in the sun, her skin seems to be kissed with a snowy white glow, eternally bringing out the plump of her lips and glimmer of her eyes.

The bell resounds around the building, glaring at late coming students to speed up and arrive at their classes shortly, others scuttle towards their classes, passing by Sophie with ease, as she gently, with confidence makes her way down the hallway and into her photography class. The door creaks gently as she pushes it open, striding it with a soft natural sway of her hips, she surveys the room gently with her eyes, finding a spare seat and making her way towards it.

"You're late" Jefferson calls out to her, rounding his desk to sit in front of it, Sophie pauses in her stride, turning around to face him, she glances down at her watch strapped against her thin wrist to check the time, to see she was exactly on time. Turning her gaze to the man in front of her, she walks backwards, passing a bright girl next to her, her hair blonde and up in a fancy bun, soft bangs falling over her forehead, she sits opposite the blonde, placing her bag gently on the floor.

"No. I'm actually not" Sophie replies, holding steady eye contact with him, smiling smugly. He shakes his head slightly ticked but makes sure not to show it, placing the register on the desk, he takes to walking around the room, proceeding to give his first lecture.

Sophie gazes around the classroom with interest, watching with furrowed brows as the sun filters and glitters through the windows, her gaze then shifts to the people of the room, glancing over the girl in front of her, Sophie turns to her left to find another girl sat at the table next to her, already staring at her. Sophie smiles at the short haired girl, watching as a blush rises to her cheeks gently, the girl turns her head back towards the front of the room but Sophies stay on her classmate.

Clearing her throat, she gains the girls attention, before reaching over towards her with her arm stretched out, "Sophie", she introduces. The girl hesitates for a moment before reaching out and clasping her hand in the snowy white girls "Max".