How They Met - Warren Graham

Throughout the few longs months Blackwell academy reopened its doors to new students and old, Warren has spent his illustrious chemistry classes with Ms. Grant, staring at a fellow student, and hardly being subtle about it, Brooke makes sure to point that out to him every day, moments after the bell has rang, and the object of Warrens infatuation has abandoned the room, and in Warrens opinion taking his light with her.

Elizabeth, a guarded individual with ice surrounding her heart from devasting heartbreak and familial disaster, buries herself in her work, her brain constantly whirring, fighting against her constantly, thoughts scattering through her brain, it never shuts up. A constant headache grinds on her forehead, concluding her reserved nature, as she tends to stay away from people, they were always to loud for her, annoying and intrusive.

Head down and thoroughly connected with her chemistry practical write up, her pens scratches across the paper, in what her teacher doted to be artists handwriting, despite her handwriting, her paper layout is always neat, tidy and organised, constantly lit up by the streaming light filtering through the windows outside. Whether it was the warm sunny glow of the day, the soft pitter patter or the rain, lighting up the room in a soft white hue or when it was winter, and the snow cast shadows through the window as it slowly fluttered to the ground.

Ms. Grants chair slides against the floor harshly, causing Elizabeth to wince softly, closing her eyes and sighing gently, she sets her pen down and stretches her right hand softly, rubbing the centre of her palm to ease the tension.

"Despite the lacklustre of students this year in Chemistry, there are still an equal amount of you, and I have decided with some deliberation on certain students parts, that all of you will be taking part in a paired project. Now before you get excited" Elizabeth roles her eyes "I will be choosing your partners for you" Ms. Grant chides.

Elizabeth sighs, slumping in her chair gently, disappointed with the idea that she couldn't complete the project alone and she had to be with someone else, she was sure this was some kind of cruel punishment, despite being one of Ms. Grants top students. A soft thud resounds beside Elizabeth startling her from her mind, she turns softly to find a rather nervous student, a young boy with shaggy brown hair, a sci-fi doctor who shirt on and tight skinny jeans, stands next to her, his things already on the table, and his bag clutched in his hand.

He sits down nervously at the seat next to Elizabeth, shuffling in his seat momentarily before dropping the bag on the floor, and pulling himself in towards the table, the sound screeches through the air, causing Elizabeth to cringe, pulling her head into her shoulders, cringing away from the sound.

"Sorry" The boy apologises softly, Elizabeth notes that his voice doesn't cut through her like a knife, "I'm Warren" the now identified boy tells Elizabeth, holding his hand out for her to shake. She smiles at him softly, placing her rather cold hand in his "I know who you are Warren" she states, pulling her hand from his and bunching up her sleeves in her hands.

He guffaws, chuckling nervously afterwards, clearing his throat, he nods his head absentmindedly, "right, of course", he laughs quietly, scolding himself.

"I'm glad you're my partner Warren" Elizabeth leans in and whispers, her brain accepting the almost supernatural sereneness of Warren Graham, surprisingly soothing her head and relaxing her posture.