Chapter Three

I stood there in the middle of the dance floor, perplexed, seeing both Kimberly and Matteo here

I stood there in the middle of the dance floor, perplexed, seeing both Kimberly and Matteo here. I wasn't expecting to see them. The last time I saw Kimberly was the same night I caught Alexis and Nate sleeping with one another, and I feel awkward now. What do I even say? I'm sure she knows exactly what happened to her brother. I don't feel sorry, not one bit. He deserved the death he got after what he put me through. It took me a while to heal from the rape and abuse he bestowed upon me. I know that was her brother, but I can only hope she understands my reasons for him being dead, but with the hatred in her eyes, she's showing, let me know she's very much upset. Matteo, who's Emiliano's, right-hand man holds Kimberly protectively as if they're dating. They're just glaring at me, and it's making me a little uncomfortable.

We're still in the middle of the dance floor, all the partygoers surrounding us feeling way too hot. I leave to the bar with Elianna following behind me. I glanced at Elianna, who's fidgeting with her fingers, and looked as if she'd seen a ghost. I don't know what that's about, but I choose to ignore it. The bartender comes up to us. He looks relatively handsome; he's tall with a lean build, caramel complexion, with the most intense hazel eyes I have ever seen a dimple on both cheeks when he smiles, and his hair is in waves—he's breathtaking. "What can I get you, fine ladies?" He asks, and even his voice is attractive. Wow. My earlier annoyance regarding Kimberly and Matteo Vanishes.

"How about sex on the beach," I answered seductively.

Grinning, "Coming right up."

Turning my attention back to Elianna, she looks frightened. "Are you alright?"

"Ye-yeah, don't worry about me. I'm sorry, but I have to go," she says before rushing out of the club. Rubbing my temples, I'm going to have to have a conversation with her on Monday because her behavior lately is questionable. I don't want to pry into her business, but something is off with her. The bartender passes me two drinks. "Where's your friend?" Shrugging my shoulder.  "She had to leave, so it's just me all here by my lonesome."

"What's your name?" Mr tall and handsome asked.

I was going to give him a random name, but something about him just felt so familiar, like I can be truthful to him and call me crazy, but at the moment, that's how I felt. "Jessica and you?"

He smiled at me, his prominent dimples showcasing his perfect smile. "My name's Miguel. Nice to meet you, beautiful," he said as his eyes kept circling up and down my body. I felt like he was trying to see me through my soul. "You're gorgeous, baby," he roared so I'd be able to hear him through the loudspeakers. 

"I know I am. How about you finish your shift so we can go somewhere private," I said, gulping my drink.

"I'll be done in fifteen minutes. Meet me outside, gorgeous." Miguel leaves to tend to a few customers as I'm finishing my drink. I get off the barstool to head outside. It's summertime, so there's a chilling breeze outside that makes me feel comfortable. As I'm waiting for Miguel, I look across the street and notice a man dressed in all black looking in my direction. My heart starts beating erratically, wondering why he is looking my way. The way he is watching me makes me feel uneasy.