Chapter Ten

"How about why the fuck you used Valerie and me for your own use? How was it that our husband's boss' shipments blew up the day we went to lunch with you? Our husbands could've been hurt with your stupid stunt Jessica!" Sophia shouted, but I didn'...

"How about why the fuck you used Valerie and me for your own use? How was it that our husband's boss' shipments blew up the day we went to lunch with you? Our husbands could've been hurt with your stupid stunt Jessica!" Sophia shouted, but I didn't care.

"Okay, are you done?"

Sophia was extremely angry as Isabella looked as if she was trying to keep the peace between us. I just didn't care about anything at the moment; I didn't care about how I almost hurt their husbands. Do I care for them? Sure, but do I give a flying rat's ass? The answer was simple, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Where were my friends when I needed them? Where were my friends when I was crying myself every night, willing to take my own life because the pain was too much to bear, where I was heavily intoxicated crying my eyes out. I know I separated myself from the group, but they never even tried. They just left me alone to deal with my heartbreak— They chose that son of a bitch before they did me.

"You have some nerve when you could've just not done that. Like what the fuck is wrong with you, Jessica? Why can't you just let it go and move on? This isn't you, and now you're here with Alexis out of all people? Who might I add fucked your ex-boyfriend for an entire year before you found out?"

"Which you didn't tell me, by the way, but I still forgave your stupid ass, didn't I? You weren't complaining when you were begging for my forgiveness when everyone fucking knew. You think you're so perfect that your shit doesn't stink forgiving a man that has kept an eight-year fucking secret, and you still stayed with his pathetic ass. But you want to judge me. How about when I found out what Emiliano did, and I lost my baby that night, and even though I moved and cut everyone off, I was still traceable, and what did you all do? NOTHING SOPHIA! YOU DID NOTHING. Instead, you ladies have chosen your spouses, and don't get me wrong, it's understandable, but I needed my friends. No matter if I pushed you guys away, I still needed you all." I pointed in the direction of Alexis and continued speaking, "this girl has stayed by my side and helped me heal regarding my baby's loss. We've had our issues, but she's been through what I've been through, and you don't understand, not that you cared anyway you were always worrying about Adonis," I said on the verge of tears.

She looks genuinely upset, but I don't give a shit. I've changed in the last two years, so I don't care what happens to their damn husbands. They can kiss my ass for all I fucking care; Alexis continues to sip on her drink as we're going back and forth. "I understand, but you used us to find out what they were doing that night. You were dead wrong for that, Jessica, and you know it." Sophia states.

I look towards Isabella, who seems conflicted. "Anything you want to add, Bella?" I asked. She starts twiddling with her fingers then tucking her hair behind her ear, looking uncomfortable.

"N-no," she stutters.

Glancing my way back to Sophia, she looks like our presence is bothering her. Her eyes are angry, staring at me. "I was wrong, yes, but listen to me intently, Sophia. I do not care for your husbands. They can kick rocks for all I care about," I said, smiling.