Chapter Eight

We've been hiding behind in a parking lot for about an hour, waiting for Emiliano and the men to start unloading shipments

We've been hiding behind in a parking lot for about an hour, waiting for Emiliano and the men to start unloading shipments. I contemplated going through with this, but I couldn't help myself. The anger I felt every time I heard his name set fireworks off in my head. I know deep down, my mother would have scolded me for acting in such a way but right now, I give two shits. I want him to feel exactly how I felt that night two years ago— helpless. I don't think he knew what he did to me, and the fact that he had no clue I was even carrying his child and miscarried that same night. He will never understand what he indeed did to me. Nobody will understand. As we're parked watching the men waiting for the shipments to arrive, my heart yearns for him, although it's not supposed to. He's wearing a three-piece black and white suit that makes my mouth drool for him. He looks so exhausted you can tell he hasn't been himself— that serves him right. After everything I've gone through, he deserves some punishment.

We wait for them to start unloading their shipments and what I see next stops me dead in my tracks. Not only do I see the man that I've been bumping into, and that's been stalking me, but I see Ashley's ass right in between them, laughing like there's no tomorrow enjoying a joke between the three— I see red. Not only is she now engaged to be married, but he's letting her come to their missions? My blood was boiling, tipping over the edge until Miguel had to bring me back, making sure I was okay. I was far from it, though. I hated the way Emiliano had the power to control my emotions; I just hated the feeling of him surrounding me in this darkness even when we've only spoken once since that night.

Miguel somehow always manages to calm the fury that's ready to be free within me. He knows what to say and do to make me relieve the tension that's building up within me. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel relatively more comfortable with him than I did with any other. "Just relax, gorgeous, he doesn't deserve you, and you will get him back for everything he's ever done to you." Said Miguel in a calming tone.

"I'm okay. I just feel so angry with him. If only he knew how much he really affected me, he probably wouldn't care either. But a girl can only dream, right?" I said.

"Understandable but question will you ever tell him about the miscarriage?"

I had to think about the question for a minute; as I glanced at Emiliano, who had his hands wrapped around Ashley smiling at her with adoration, my answer came out immediately "no, he doesn't deserve to know. I need to move on. I mean, look at him; he's happy with the girl that aired out his secrets in front of me. I remember he felt disgusted to be near her now he is with her, and their wedding is in four weeks. Call me crazy, but this doesn't make any sense but who am I to break up a happy home? They deserve one another; they're both revolting to me. Sure I still love him, and I don't think I will ever stop, but I rather just let him be happy and leave his life for good— that means leaving the girl's behind no matter how much it hurts."

Miguel looks at me with so much fondness and care, and for the short amount of time I've known him, I truly appreciate his friendship and kindness. As he looks at Ashley hanging off Emiliano's arm, I know it bothers him, but he's here for me and is willing to risk his life for me, and I just appreciate him for this. "You deserve better, gorgeous," Miguel whispers ever so gently.