Chapter 3

Days flew by quickly and the day for the war approached, When they were preparing to go for War Lan Xichen came to the stable to pick his horse he found Wei Ying talking to a black donkey they kept complaining.
"No, lil apple you are being sturbon, "
*donkey grunts*
"How am I supposed to go to the war if yo don't come with me huh?"
*another grunt
"I don't have a  spiritulal horse, let alone a normal horse, so let's go I'll get late and you know those two will get a reason to punish me! Come on you-"
"Young Master, how are you?"
"Ah Lord Lan am fine want of you? " Wei Ying greeted back as he bowed low, it had come to his understanding that the Lans had two princes Lan Xichen or Zewjun and Lan wanji or Lan Zhan.
"So I understand you don't have a horse to take when heading for the War right? "
"Yes, but don't worry I'll go with lil apple once I get him moving."
"It will not be of trouble to us we have alot of spiritual horses with us you can choose one.
"Ha ha no I can't I am but a servant don't deserve that
"I insist, Lans believe in fairness either you are a servant or a heir you are going to a war you will need a spiritual horse so come.
Lan Xichen led him to another section of the stables, there were very many horses beautiful and majestic but none of them pulled his heart nor spirit, Storm had at some point though not enough to be a master but a close friend, for a spiritual horse had only one Master, he was about to give up when he saw a stable far from the others he walked slowly to the stable Xichen was shocked because the Spiritual Horse located in that stable was a spite fire like Storm. So he knew how he she hated strangers.
"Young Master, that horse is not a friendly one."
"Huh! Lord Xichen!" Wei Ying spoke softly as he walked to the horse "let me see it then if we don't get along I'll find another,"
   Wei Ying moved closer to the stable and found midnight black horse with red eyes staring hard at him, he moved to the railing and out stretch his hand, if a spiritual horse accepts one as it's master it moves to be petted while if it doesn't accept you it gets aggressive, As for this specific Horse it did none of those two. Moving forward it did but what it did shocked the two men it bugged WuXian's torso and he groaned in pain he had incurred the wound from Zidan the previous night, the wound being caused by a spiritual weapon it took longer for him to heal himself, unless healed by another or his spiritual horse, red string started coming come his nose to his torso and the pain started disappearing slowly.
Lan Xichen watched in awe  since one has to create a strong bond with a spiritual horse for it to heal you and looking at the scene in front of him he was amazed. The young man seemed promising, first he managed to befriend Storm something he himself had taken two years of trying now he had managed to tame one of the strongest Spiritual Horses after Storm, Serenity and Sprite.
"Wow Young master...
"Ahh sorry Wei WuXian birth name Wei Ying of Yunmeng Jiang Clan."
"Yes, what will you name her,"
"Thunder, since Storm is taken. Hi hi hi," Thunder got a bit excited on hearing her name and that of her man Storm. (What a girl can only... Well☺😜)
"Okay then of we go. "

Lan WangJi was waiting for his brother at the front line, he didn't know what was taking him so long bit when Storm started getting a little excited he was shocked, his horse had started behaving wierd of late got excited of returning to the Stables asbif something was waiting for him. But he had brushed it of. Xichen joined him later with a makes man following far behind he just turned to his brother and nodded. The journey to Quingao valley would take close to three hours on their horses where  their battle camp was, With The Lan Princes leading the army victory was anticipated though it was not going to be an easy war.
Wei Ying had gotten into trouble but the Jiang twins could not do a thing since they were in the public eye. But they still had a pls to torture him Wanyin had set his eyes on Thunder and he planed to have him for he believed that Wei WuXian spiritual core was not as strong as his. They arrived at the battle camp a little after  dusk  Lan Xichen had a feeling that Wei
WuXian would get in trouble and after he realized that the later had already incurred some injury though he still wasn’t sure from who he was going to ensure that he was safe for the night. So when everyone was allocated their tents hr called Wei Ying aside and took him to a tent which was for the Lan soldiers and told Lan Zhulqui to watch over him. Hence the Jiang could not get ahold of him.