Chapter 1: Deep Space Expedition

Angel's POV:

I looked around at all the people here at city hall. The whole town was called upon via social media. Some big wig folks came into town and wanted to see if people were interested in a big project of theirs. No one knew what it was but apparently it comes with a big paycheck in the end. I wanted to know what the big project is. Everyone was talking about it so much.

I recently just got out of a relationship and needed to do something to take my mind off things. I looked around and saw all of city hall just filled to the brim with people. I groan in frustration the turned and walked out the door. This is ridiculous, I thought to myself. I opened a door and accidentally bumped into someone. We both fell to the ground.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" I cry as I helped the girl up. "It's cool. I should be more careful," She says, then she looked up at me. "No it's my fault. I rushed out." I say. She shook her head. "No it's actually my fault. I'm in a rush. I wanted of hurry up and get here before city hall gets too full," She says, as she brushes herself off. "You mean you're here for that thing that's trending on social media?" I ask, curiously.

"Yeah. I saw that big news of visitors coming to town about some big project and I want in." She says. Rolling my eyes, I scoff and say, "Dude run. The place is already full." "It is?" She asks sadly. "I mean look inside for yourself. All of city hall is full. That's why I walked out in such a hurry. I think I'll come back when it's less full." I say. She chuckles.

"Ugh. I hope not. I really need to do something to add to my portfolio for this job I really want." She says. "What job?" I ask, curiously. "Over at the Company. They pay big bucks for little information." She says excitedly. I grin and say, "Wow really? My cousin used to work there but she was fired. She was so upset, that she killed herself." I said. She stared at me.

"And you're are happy about that?" She asks, visibly uncomfortable. "No no no!!" I say quickly. I stuttered to get my words out. "No I meant that it's a coincidence that you want to work there." I say, in hopes she doesn't think I'm crazy. She chuckled in relief. "Okay good. For a second there, I thought you were happy about that." She says. I shook my head. "I'm Chloe by the way." She says, as has held her hand out.

^Chloe

^Chloe

"I'm Angel." I say, as I cheerfully shook her hand. She looked up at city hall. "So the place is full huh? Damn. I really wanted to find out what they're doing." She says, in defeat. "Well I'm bout to just go to get something to eat and wait til it cools down." I say, as I stepped around her. "Can I come with? I could go for a bite to eat?" She asks, curiously. "Sure but you paying for yo shit." I say, jokingly.

She laughs and say, "Of course." We walked out the door and down the street. I looked at the long line that was waiting outside. I looked over at Chloe. It was then that I felt jealous of her. She was so gorgeous. Me and her walked to a Zaxby's and got some tenders. I looked up at her and watched she dug into her nuclear hot tenders.