Chapter 5: Encounter

Angel's POV:

The transit doors opened and we walked out. I looked at the girls. We were still in shock after seeing Axel getting killed by some creature. I looked at Chloe and Charlotte. "This is insane. What the hell was that thing that killed Axel?" Charlotte ask, making me and Chloe shrug. "Well look we need to stay focused. We find that flight recorder and get the hell out of here," She said.

"Not without the others. Sam and her brothers are still missing. So are Elijah, Kyle, and Miller." I said. I looked around. I looked at the transit we just came from and saw the sign. "Alright it seems like we're in the Lorenz SysTech Spire. That's good. Axel said that this the place we needed to go in order to each comms." I said.

"Wha- we're still going to comms after we just saw Axel die?!" Chloe cries.

"Do you have a better idea?! Do you wanna go back and go search for Axel back in that vent, along with the thing that took him?" Charlotte say, sarcastically.

"Stop it!! Look, we don't know what that thing was and I don't think we should find out. Let's just go to comms, contact Elaine, find the flight recorder, find the rest of our crew, then get out of here," I suggest. They both sighed. "Okay? Come on. I think we need to go this way." I say, as we walked away. We walked past a lit up thingy.

"Hey. That helps update maps." Chloe say, as she pulled out a map. I looked at her.

"Where'd you get that from?" I asked, curiously.

"Back at Axel's living space. I saw it and I grabbed it. It could be useful." She said.

"Axel certainly no longer needs it." Charlotte say. I gave her a look.

"Too soon Char." I say. We walked up to a door and it opened. I saw a vent and walked towards it. I climbed inside and saw an item: ethanol. I grabbed it then climbed out the vent.

"What's that?" Chloe questions.

"Ethanol. We can use it to help craft stuff. But we do need blueprints to craft things with this." I said.

"Be careful not to spill it on yourself." Charlotte says. I nodded. We walked over to a door and it opened. Then we heard a voice. It was a woman's.

"What the hell's wrong with this thing?! Work damn you!!" She ordered. We walked through the door and up some stairs. We saw a woman in the distance. She turned around and saw us. She pulled out a gun and aimed it at us. "Stay back!!" She yelled, as she shot at us. We quickly ducked. Then she ran away, yelling, "Guys! Over here!! Someone's here!!"

"Why isn't anyone helping us? Who opens fire on someone they don't even know?!" Chloe cries.

"Chloe you heard what Axel said. Everyone is scared and fighting for their lives. Fear makes people crazy," I say, as I walked over to the elevator. I looked back at the girls. "Look around for some things." I said. They nodded and began scouting the large spire for items. We found a whole bunch, along with an ID tag. A tape recorder. It was a man who recorded himself talking about a man who had a weird smell and had a gun in his coat.

I went upstairs and saw another vent. I climbed in and went down. I climbed out and saw more supplies. I grabbed some and made some more medkits. I climbed back into the vent and back into the spire. I met up with the girls. We went over what we found. I walked over to the elevator. I looked on the ground and saw a security access tuner. "Guys look," I call.