Chaptet 12: Android Uprising

Elijah's POV:

We walked out the door to see a man who was routing through our stuff. I raised my gun and shot him in the back of the head. "Elijah!!" Angel cries.

"What? He was stealing our stuff. Angel, we're in a do or die situation. Look, there's a vent. Let's go," I say, as I opened it.

"Wait! We need to make sure we got everything from here," Angel says. We looked around some more and found a tape recorder. Angel played it.

"I don't know when anyone will get this but someone needs to keep a record and I don't know....I came here a few months ago to write about a collapse of a dream, a future gone sour. For me, there people here were little more than a footnotes for my article, something to tug at the heartstrings. And the disappearances started, oh I was thrilled. This was something big. But now people are afraid and a communications fault means we're alone. I'm trapped here, just like everybody else. Another footnote. Another victim," The woman explains.

"Well that lady has a great ego," Miller says, sarcastically.

"Come on. We shouldn't stay here for too long," I say. We walked back over to the door and dropped down the vent and crawled through. "Yo Waits?" I call.

"Yeah?" He answers.

"What's going on with the androids?" I ask.

"I don't know," He says.

"Well what about the change in the alert status? We heard there was change in the alert status. It's now at level omega," Charlotte says.

"Damn it, I don't know! I'm tryna contact Samuels. Maybe he knows what the hell APOLLO is playing at," Waits says.

"I'm guessing the AI has gone rogue," Miller says. We looked at him. "What? In every robot movie ever made, the AI usually goes rogue and develops a mind of his own," He says.

"But this isn't a movie Miller. This is real life," Sam says. We climbed out the vent and over to a door.

"Damn it. The door is powered down," I say.

"Let's power it up then," Angel says, as she walks over to a generator. She powered it up and the door opened. Then we heard screaming.

"That doesn't sound good," Chloe says.

"You really shouldn't be here," An Android says, as it killed a man.

"We need to stay hidden," I note. We heard more screaming. Chloe quickly covered her ears and began crying. Angel and Charlotte hugged her. We waited a few minutes before leaving the door. There was two androids standing outside.

"Something amiss? What are you doing here?" One asks, angrily. I saw that their eyes were red.

"We're not safe guys! Run!" I cry, as I ran away. Angel began to shoot them but they didn't go down.

"Damn it! What are they made of?!" She cries.

"Let's just run for it!" Sam yells. We all took off running around. We came to a long hallway but it led to a dead end. "What the fuck—where are we supposed to go?!" She cries.