Chapter 3: Lost Part One

Angel's POV:

I looked back at Chloe as we crawled through the broken vent. She was the one who had the most trouble keeping up with us. It was so dark, we could barely see. "Ugh. I can barely breathe because of this vent." Charlotte say, her tone a dead giveaway that she was clearly irritated. She climbed out of the vent and stood up. I helped Chloe up.

The three of us walked over to some stairs. I was about to take a step but I jumped because I felt something touch my hand. I looked over to see Chloe. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm just hanging on to you guys so I don't get left behind." She say, worriedly. I nodded and grabbed her hand.

"It's okay Chloe. I don't want to get left behind too. We really should-" Charlotte was cut off when suddenly a loud crash happened and the lights went off. Then what looked like a figure ran across the room. "What the hell was that?! Was that a person?" Charlotte cries.

"It certainly looked like someone ran across the room." I say, then I ran after the figure.

"Angel wait!!" Chloe hissed. She and Charlotte ran after me. We entered a large terminal room. I looked around and saw a sign up at the top of the room. "What's that say? Spaceflight Terminal?" Chloe say, reading using out loud.

"Well I guess we know where we are." Charlotte say, as she stepped on something squishy. She jumped and looked down. She froze. "Please tell me these aren't body bags?!" She cries, worriedly. She looked ready to cry.

"There's gotta be an explanation for them." I quickly say, hoping to calm her down. She quickly shook her head.

"No no NO!! Please tell me these are not body bags?!" She cried. Chloe looked inside the bags and sighed in relief.

"Relax. It's just mannequin dummies." She say, in relief, putting Charlotte at ease. She breathed softly.

"Good. Now where do we go?" She ask, looking around. I looked around too. "Look. There's a big door" I said. We walked over to the door but it didn't open. "It's being held shut by this security brace." Chloe says, observing the security brace. Then she gasped. "We need a maintenance jack." She say, looking at us. I looked around.

"We also need to power that place up. It's too dark." I said. We walked around and came to another door. We walked through the door and saw what looked like gates. "Look! There's a power jack. We need to power it up." Charlotte says, as she walked over to it. She cranked the handle three times then everything came on. The power came on, lights came to life, and  doors began unlocking themselves.

We walked around the area and saw more doors. "Hey what's this door over here? There's a bunch of supplies inside." Chloe says. We walked over to her. We looked at the door, trying to figure out how to open it.

"It looks like we need something called an ion torch." I began, I looking at them, "None of us have that," I say. We walked away and back to the terminal room. Suddenly, a monitor above us broke and glass shards came crashing down on us. We quickly covered our heads. I looked at the girls and say, "We really need to get out of here."

"How? We need a maintenance jack to get that security brace off the door." Charlotte say. She looked up. "Look up there. There's a bench. Meaning there's an upstairs." She say, as she ran up the stairs. We followed her. I looked on the walls. There was spray paint and graffiti everywhere, mostly warning people of looters and how Silver Star Station is a joke.