Chapter 17: Escape

Angel's POV:

I waited for the alien to get close to spray it with my flamethrower but turns out that wasn't it. These were the aliens that been in the hive long enough to build somewhat of a a resistance but the fire was still effective enough to make it back off. I quickly swapped my flamethrower for a Molotov. I threw it at the xenomorph. It screeched then tackled me.

I was knocked down then I stood back up

I was knocked down then I stood back up. "It's gone! Come on!" Elijah says. Me, him, Kyle, Sam, and Miller  took off running back towards the staircase. We walked down but stopped once we saw someone. "We gotta sneak past him," Elijah whispers. I nodded and lit a flare. I threw it past the man.

The flare attracted the man but it also attracted the alien because it killed him. It stabbed him in his back and ripped him in half. It walked over to the flare and examined it.

"Jesus these things are ruthless," I mutter. Then we heard gunshots. We looked up to see more of the men we saw earlier shooting at the alien.

"Better these guys than us," Kyle says, as he snuck past the alien. We followed him. After the alien killed all the men, we looted their bodies and found more supplies. Then we made our way back to reception. We went back to the area where we came in. There was an elevator nearby that we didn't see before. We walked in and headed onto the next area.

"What's wrong Angel?" Elijah asks.

"First Axel, then Chloe, then Charlotte, and now Ricardo.... who's next on the list?" I ask.

"Hopefully none of us," Kyle mutters. Sam coughed. We all looked at her.

"You tryna say something?" I ask.

"Bitch no. It was a simple cough," She says.

"Mhm," I mutter.

"Bitch don't fuck with me," Sam threatens.

"Guys don't start," Elijah warns. When the elevator doors opened, we walked out but quickly hid when we saw there was guy in the area. I looked across the room from he was at and saw a welded door. I lit a flare and threw it past the man. I quickly moved over towards the welded door and melted the lock. I looked back at the group and motioned them over.

"Good job Angel," Kyle says.

"Thanks. Look, there a terminal," I note.

"There's a code and an audio file," Elijah says, before he played the audio file.

"This is Sinclair. You guys took too long down there. I had to power down this facility and take the last transit. We can't afford to keep the sanctuary wide open. All it takes is one creature to get in and all the supplies and weapons we've taken will come to jack shit. Me and mine are gonna sit this one out until the rescue comes. I'm sorry....I'm sorry but when you start chasing after a ship that will never come, you broke with the plan. Sinclair our," Sinclair spoke.