Chapter 14: The Reactor

Elijah's POV:

The door opened and we saw a bunch of androids with protective gear on. We managed to sneak past them, find a terminal, and pressed a button on it. It instantly fried them and kill them. "Alright. If we power up one of these modules, then maybe we can get power to the vents," I say.

We searched around and found it. The vents opened up so we crawled in and into the area of the APOLLO Core.

"Wow. It's so dark in here," Chloe says. We turned on our flashlights and saw a bunch of tubes going into one huge spherical machine.

"I'm guessing that's APOLLO," Angel says.

"Yep. It's gotta be," I say. I walked over to it and hacked into its systems. We waited as the AI rose up from the floor. The door opened and we walked in.

"It's so nice in here," Chloe says. Angel sat down in the chair and began typing on the terminal. The APOLLO AI spoke to us.

"APOLLO, disengage Androids," Angel demands.

"Negative. WY special order 939 in progress," APOLLO responds, in a robotic voice.

"What the hell?" Charlotte mutters.

"WY as Weyland-Yutani?" Angel asks.

"Weyland-Yutani owns this facility. Purchased orders received on October 21, 2137," APOLLO replies.

"Two days after we left? You're kidding me," Angel mutters. She began typing some more. "What is special order 939?" She asks.

"Priority one: protect specimen, maintain station quarantine, and disallow communications. All other considerations secondary," APOLLO responds.

"Sons of bitches!!" Angel yells. She had to stop herself from punching the computer. "It's isn't on the damn station APOLLO. The creature is no longer on Silver Star Station. Please suspend special order 939," She says, irritably.

"Negative. Scheduled reactor scans are unverified," APOLLO replies.

"Oh fuck," Sam says. After that, we left the room and back outside.

"So what does that mean?" Chloe asks.

"It means we need to go down to the reactor," I say. A ladder appeared from the floor. We had to exit beneath the APOLLO Core. We climbed down two ladders and finally came to a lift.

"Look, another terminal." Angel says, as she walked over to it. She looked inside. Then she gasped.

"What?" I ask.

"It's showing logs of recent interactions with APOLLO. It's showing the events of today. It says here that we are all logged with APOLLO. Whoa, Elijah? You're the highest ranking officer among us?" Angel says. Everyone looked at me.

"Well yeah," I say, not really wanting to explain why.

"How come? We're all showing as level 2 while you're level 5," Charlotte says.

"Because I work with the Company. They told me to come on this trip , along with other inhabitants," I say.

"It also says here that Kyle and Miller are level 4. And also....we're expendable?" Chloe notes.