Chapter 5

"Are you mad at me?" Elsa asked as I slammed the car keys down on the table. 

"I told Jack to take you somewhere while I had a job interview. You weren't supposed to come in! I've lost the job, Elsa! Now I need to get another one so I can start to pay for University next year!" I said angrily, running my hand through my hair. 

"I'm sorry," Elsa said, tears threatening to spill from her eyes, "I had a great day and I wanted to tell you about it." I sighed, she was right. She had a fun day and as always is really excited. I should've been more clear that I didn't want to be disturbed while at work.

"It's fine," I said. I knew it wasn't totally her fault, but it didn't stop me from being angry at her. University was less than two months away, and I would like as much money in the bank possible before it starts.

"I'll heat you up something to eat, you didn't get anything from Burger King," I said tiredly, moving into the kitchen. After Elsa's interruption, the manager took me to the back and fired me on the spot for a public disturbance.

I pulled the leftover pasta from the microwave and handed it to Elsa. I grabbed some salad from the fridge and stabbed my fork through the lettuce. 

"I'm really sorry, Y/N," Elsa said in a small voice. 

"I know," I said, spearing a tomato. The rest of the evening was quiet, I wanted to look for another job right away, and was on the internet all night, and Elsa was watching television, although I know she wasn't paying attention by the way her eyes kept darting towards me. 

"I'm going to bed Y/N," Elsa said, standing up.

"Ok, goodnight Elsa," I said, not looking up from my screen. I heard Elsa's footsteps fade, and I closed my laptop. I stared at the TV; Elsa was watching The Snow Queen, a favourite movie of hers we watched together several times. As a puppy and human. My eyelids were heavy as I watched the Snow Queen turn back into the little girl. 

My phone falling onto the ground woke me, and I almost fell over. I squinted at the TV that was still playing, and it was 1:30. I slept for three hours. I yawned, and fixed myself a cup of hot chocolate, and went up to bed. 

As I walked up the stairs, I heard the muffled sounds of crying. I cautiously went up the stairs towards the noise, and found Elsa lying in my bed hugging my pillow to her chest. My heart physically hurt as I saw how upset Elsa was for making me lose my job. 

I walked over, "Elsa?"

"Hi Y/N," she sniffed. I walked closer to the crying platinum blonde, sitting on the bed.

"You shouldn't be awake now," I said softly, putting my hand on her shoulder. She didn't say anything, but I could feel Elsa relaxing at my touch. 

"I'm sorry I didn't come up, I was watching TV and accidentally fell asleep," I explained. Elsa finally turned to face me, but her eyes didn't meet mine. 

"Y/N..." she started to sob, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you lose your job. I-I had a fun day with Jack and I met new people and I wanted to tell you all about it, and I forgot that I wasn't supposed to bother you." I pulled Elsa into my arms, rubbing her back while she held on tightly to my shirt.

"It's okay, Elsa. It really is. My boss wan't very nice anyway, and I'm sure I wouldn't have been very happy there. I'll find a new job soon. It's not your fault, Elsa, okay? I don't blame you," I said, embracing her tightly. 

"I'm still sorry," Elsa said.

"I know," I smiled, sliding under the covers with the platinum blonde. I opened my arms for her, and she shyly snuggled between them while I had one arm wrapped around her waist. 

"So tell me what happened today," I said, sliding my arm up to stroke her hair, knowing how much she loves it. As she told me about all of the rides she went on, how Jack won her a stuffed animal, and the party she was invited to, something rose up inside of me. It was sort of like joy, I don't know. But I decided not to dwell on it for too long, not wanting to ruin the moment.

I smiled subconsciously as watched Elsa's blue eyes shine as she was talking about the carnival's chocolate. When she finally talked herself out, I pulled her closer to me and rested my head on top of hers. 

"Goodnight Elsa."

"Goodnight Y/N."