Chapter 10

"Y/N who was it?" Elsa asked, coming out of the room in one of my t-shirts and shorts. I stared at her, she looks really good in my clothes. 

"No one of any importance," I said, leading her back to the room. I wanted to kiss and cuddle with Elsa for a few more minutes before we had to eat. There was another knock, and Elsa frowned.

"Who is it?" she asked. 

"It's Jack," I said, annoyed. Elsa moved to walk back to the door but I stopped her. 

"Why won't you let him in?" 

"Because he didn't look after you last night when I told him to. He let Honeymaren touch you and treat you like that. I'm not opening the door for him," I said firmly. Elsa went to protest, but I raised an eyebrow and she fell silent. 

"Can we just hear what he has to say?" she asked quietly. I sighed, but opened the door. 

"Y/N," Jack said hoarsely. 

"Is that all you have to say? Good," I was going to slam the door again, but Elsa's hand on my arm stopped me. Jack's eyes flicked between us. 

"Are you two together?" he asked. 

"That's what you're here for? Get out," I snapped. 

"Wait. Yes, we are together now. What did you want to say?" Elsa asked. 

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten jealous, then drunk, and left Elsa alone," Jack said. 

"But you did, didn't you? We both knew that Elsa doesn't know much about this world yet, that she's innocent and vulnerable. I even texted you to look after her, and what did you do? Get drunk and push her away when she went looking for you," I said, my voice starting to rise. 

"Y/N-" Elsa started. 

"I'm sorry," Jack said helplessly, "Yes, I was jealous and it was wrong of me. Elsa can choose whoever she wants to date, I just-"

"Well she has now. She has me, and she doesn't need you. Now get out before I call security," I snapped. Jack glanced helplessly at Elsa before walking away. 

"You didn't have to do that," Elsa said. 

I turned to her, "He let Honeymarnen do that to you. She could've taken it further if I wasn't there. I'm never going to forgive him for that."

"I know, but...I think he really was sorry." The way Elsa looked at me when she said that opened my eyes. Somewhere inside of her, she's still in love with Jack, no matter what she feels for me. And I don't settle as a rebound. Everything I did to protect her...

"Y/N..." Elsa asked uneasily. I realized I've been staring at her for a while, and I snapped out of it. 

"Good, great. You can go tell him you forgive him," I said, opening the door for her. 

"No, that's not what I mean-" Elsa started, but I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. I actually burned the pancakes badly and had to remake them, cursing at everything. I tensed when I felt arms around my waist. Elsa slowly turned me around until I was facing her, and made me look her in the eye. 

"I don't know what's going through your head right now, but I don't feel anything for Jack, Y/N," she said. 

"Right," I scoffed, and turned back to flip the pancakes. I almost threw the pancake out the window when Elsa touched me again. 

"I'm serious! I chose you last night, don't you remember? I'm not the kind of person to date someone when I love someone else," Elsa said.

"No, but unconsciously you might," I replied. Elsa sighed, but kissed me on the cheek and went to set the table. It was a quiet breakfast, and the only words we exchanged were overly polite and few. It was the weekend and I don't yet have a job anyway, so I sat on the couch, turned on the TV and picked up a book, which happened to be the history of Arendelle. I don't read history books for fun but I was too lazy to get up and get another book. 

I was too busy trying to find where I left off about a Queen freezing the town when Elsa sat next to me. My shoulders tensed, and Elsa sighed. 

"Can you stop being tense around me?" 

"Sorry," I muttered. Elsa cautiously moved closer to me, and when I didn't say anything lay her head on my shoulder. My arm automatically went around her waist without thinking. 

"That's better," Elsa murmured, "I don't like him anymore, Y/N. I promise."

"...Okay," I said, my arm tightening around her body. Elsa curled into me and I settled so she could be more comfortable, before returning to my book. I kissed the top of her head before running my hand through her hair, hearing her sigh in content. 

A few minutes later, I could feel her breathing heavier and knew she was asleep. I shifted so I was mostly laying down and she was on top of me. Not the most comfortable position to read a book, but Elsa should have a better nap. 

I peered closer at the book as I continued reading: When the fifth spirit and former Queen Elsa recovered from the curse, she stated that she was turned into a dog and was transported 178 years into the future, in the year 2020. Doctors said that that the spirit might be a little confused because of the curse, but her majesty kept insisting that she was fine. A girl by the name of Y/N returned with the fifth spirit, stating that she helped her come home. After a few weeks, everything returned to what it once was, except that Y/N was never seen again. 

I stopped reading there. So that was my mission. I figure out how to reverse the curse, return Elsa to 1842, and come back home. That also means I can never be in a relationship with her.