Chapter 6

I woke up later than usual, my arms wrapped tightly around Elsa's body and her head tucked underneath my neck. Our legs were tangled up in each others under the sheets, I could feel her breath on my skin which made me shiver. I shifted my position so I could look at the platinum blonde better. Even free of makeup she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, both inside and out, which is rare.

Elsa snuggled closer to me, burying her head in my chest, and I started to stroke her hair. Elsa smiled in her sleep, causing one of my own to form on my lips. How this girl changed from a dog to human, I have no idea, but I honestly don't mind. Honeymaren and I have never even been this close before. We've cuddled, but never really...have this close bond that Elsa and I have. 

"Y/N?" Elsa murmured sleepily. I glanced at her, and saw that she was starting to wake up. 

"Hi Elsa," I smiled as her eyes finally opened. 

"Can we go somewhere?" 

"There's a river in the woods nearby. Did you want to go there?" 

"Sure." 

*******

It was a short 10 minute walk into the woods, and once I was there I felt rejuvenated. Nature is where I felt the most at home, and as I glanced at Elsa, I knew she felt the same way. 

"The river's over there," I said, pointing across to the strip of blue that could just be seen. Elsa ran over excitedly, and I resisted the urge to laugh. I sat down on the log next to her, and watched the minnows swim with the current.

Elsa shyly moved closer to me and placed her head on my shoulder. I was surprised, but put my hand around her back nonetheless. The calm breeze, the scent of the woods and Elsa beside me made me feel at ease.

"I like it here," Elsa said, echoing my thoughts. 

"Me too. It's a place I go to think about things." I replied.

"Y/N," Elsa said. 

"Hmm?"

"You know those romance movies we watch?"

"Yeah."

"Well I think it's happening to me. I think I'm falling in love, just like them," Elsa said, a worried frown on her face.

"How does it feel?" I asked neutrally. If it's Jack she's talking about, I regret every single nice thing I said about him.

"I don't know. I don't know if they like me back."

"I'm sure he does," I said, standing up. The calmness I felt before was gone. 

"Wait, Y/N-"

"What time's the party that you have to go to?" I asked, interrupting her. I didn't want to hear about how great Jack was. 

"I don't know. I forgot to ask, but Jack probably knows." I gritted my teeth and forced a smile. 

"Let's go give Jack a call." As Elsa was on my phone, I threw rocks in to the river. Did Elsa like Jack? There certainly was something between them, and it wasn't one sided. I can't believe I like my dog...even if she's human now. 

"He said the party starts at 8, but to come at 9," Elsa said, handing my phone back to me. 

"Okay, I'll drop you off then," I said. 

"You aren't coming?" Elsa frowned.

"I wasn't invited."

"But Jack said it was an open house, which means that anyone can come!"

"Still, I'd rather stay home. I have to buy food for this week anyway. You can have fun with Jack." I said, checking my watch. It's almost time for lunch. 

"I'd have more fun with you there," Elsa muttered. I pretended not to hear what she said, instead thinking about what she had just told me. Having your dog turn into a human is so confusing. 

Elsa POV

I wanted to tell Y/N so bad that I liked her, and that I don't think about Jack that way even if we were something in the past. I still had keen dog senses, and I could tell Y/N was upset about me mentioning Jack. I moved to be closer, but she turned away. A flicker of hurt must've passed through my expression, because Y/N's mood changed immediately. 

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel well," she said, an obvious lie, but I let it slide. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around Y/N's back, and felt her tense up. Maybe it was a bad idea. Just as I was about to let go, Y/N's arms slid around my back, tightening and keeping me in place. We stayed in each other's embrace for a few moments, and a flash of happiness passed through me at being in her strong, warm arms.

Y/N pulled away first, averting my gaze. I could tell she was significantly happier than before though, and that made me smile. 

"What?" she asked.

"I like being with you," I shrugged, and Y/N blushed. Wait, did she just blush? She never does stuff like that! 

She cleared her throat, "Let's go eat lunch and get ready for the party."

*******

"Don't go into rooms, stay downstairs where there are lots of people. Don't go anywhere alone with anyone, don't drink alcohol, don't accept drinks from anyone unless you know what's inside of it, don't play the stupid party games, don't take any drugs, don't eat any food unless you see someone pour it, don't take drugs...and don't let anyone touch you!"

Y/N dropped me off at nine o'clock, making sure that I was with someone before she left. I was hoping for Anna or Rapunzel, hoping that Jack wouldn't come and make Y/N mad, but no such luck. 

"Hey Elsa," Jack walked up to us. 

"Hi," I said, glancing nervously at Y/N. Sure enough, she was tense wth an unreadable expression. 

"I'll leave you here for now, and I'll pick you up at 11:30," Y/N said in a strained voice, "Have fun." I watched her back until she was out of sight. I almost jumped when I felt Jack's hand on my back. 

"I'll get you something to drink," he said. Was that something Y/N warned me about? I forget, she told me so many things to remember. All I could think of is how I want Jack's hand off of my back. The only person's arms I want around me is Y/N's. 

"Well, look who is it." I turned around, and frowned when I saw who it was. Honeymaren.