Chapter 2

Y/n's POV

Days had passed. I didn't know quite where I was.

I was tripping over my feet as I walked, completely exhausted. I had been walking for a while.
Spotting bright lights up ahead through the trees, I began walking towards them.

I took in a deep breath, a cloud of steam forming around me as I let it out.

Tonight was chillier than usual.

The lights I had seen were that of a gas station. I was hoping to find somewhere to rest and stock up on food. Sadly, the gas station was closed and locked up.

God these lights are bright. I thought, squinting. They're hurting my eyes.

It was currently late at night. I didn't know what time exactly, but late. Though, that wouldn't be a problem for me. I had mostly changed my sleeping schedule.

I changed it to that of a vampire. If I'm up when they are, I'd have more of a chance of running into them.

I paused after I heard a noise from above me.

Something was on the roof. I hesitated before walking out from under the lights.

I looked up, only to fall onto the ground from fear.

A boy had flown down from the rooftop, fangs bared at me. My mouth fell agape as he landed on the ground.

"Woah..." I whispered, my fear mostly subsiding. The boy looked at me, his head tilted to the side.

"You, mortal. Why aren't you scared anymore?" He demanded, seeming confused yet angry.

"I-I..." I stuttered, panicked. "Um. You're-" I blushed, looking him in the face. "Good looking."

He stood over me, not uttering a word. I examined every inch of his face, from his messy dark hair to his chiseled jawline. I then noticed his pointed teeth.

"You're...a vampire, aren't you?" I asked, standing up. "Are you going to kill me?"

He looked confused by my question.

"If I don't, then you will. Your kind have hunted us for centuries." He growled at me. "All you mortals are the same."

I frowned.

"I'd never hurt one of you. I've never hurt anyone." I paused, then shook my head to clear my thoughts of Rookery. I pulled my hair off my neck to expose it, taking a step closer to the boy. "You're hungry, aren't you?" I asked. "Here."

He took a few steps back.

"Mortal, what are you doing?" His frown deepened. "You should be trying to kill me or screaming, not offering me your blood."

"You're a vampire. You need to eat, the same as me." I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "I'm not afraid of you." I looked him in the eyes as I spoke, showing him my sincerity.

His eyes narrowing, he hesitantly approached me, his long fingers tracing over the skin of my neck.
I shivered at his cold touch. He slowly leaned down. I could feel his breath on my neck as he opened his mouth.

Suddenly, there was a bright light shone over us. He screamed in pain, falling onto the ground.

I gasped loudly, confusion overriding my brain, bending down over him while panicking. I looked towards the source of the light as it cut off.

"Y/n!" A voice shouted. I froze.

No...

"Rookery..." I whispered, horrified.