Chapter 4

Y/n's POV

The vampire boys had flown deep down into the building.

This must be where they live... I thought, becoming anxious.

I hesitantly began walking into the building, softly closing the doors behind me.

I heard voices from further in.

"Let me look at you!" A feminine voice said.

"Mother, please." A familiar voice said. It's him...!

I crept down the steep hallway and hid behind a pillar, poking my face around the corner to watch them. The vampire I had encountered at the gas station seemed badly hurt.

"Who did this?" A deeper voice said.

They all paused. The boy I had encountered looked around, seemingly confused.

I flinched.

Do they know I'm here...?!

He stood up straighter, seemingly smelling the air. I ducked behind the pillar, looking at my wrists. I tried covering them.

Crap...

"It's you!" He shouted, surprised.

"It's who, Gregory?" The woman asked. He went quiet.

"We went outside." The younger boy said. "He saw this mortal girl, and she offered her blood to him."

"She tried to help me when I was attacked. A mortal tried to save me, Mother, Father." The boy apparently known as Gregory said.

"A mortal? Saving a vampire? Simply unheard of! Show yourself!" A man shouted.

That must be their father.

I took a deep breath, stepping out from behind the pillar.

"The one who attacked you was a man named Rookery." I said, attempting to sound calm. I could tell my voice still sounded shaky. "I assume you know him?"

"Rookery..." The father said solemnly. The older boy began approaching me.

"You followed us." He said, looking down at me. "Why?" I took a step back, making sure my hands were hidden behind my back.

"I...wanted to make sure you were okay." I said quietly, looking down. I could hear him sniff the air. He grabbed one of my wrists out from behind me. My eyes widened. "Hey...!"

"You're bleeding." He said, wide eyed. I gulped.

"Rookery tied me up with ropes. It happened while I was trying to escape." I said, pulling my wrist away. I took a step forward, looking at the two who I assumed to be his parents. "I know our kind have never really gotten along, but I promise you, I mean no harm." I said, looking at them.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my knife. The father hissed at me, taking a few steps forward. I took a step back, tossing the knife onto the ground infront of me.

"I've dropped my only weapon. I don't want to hurt you." I said, putting my hands up defensively. "I want to help. If I wanted to hurt any of you, I easily could've hurt Gregory when he got injured."

"She's right." Gregory said, coming to my side. He put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and then the younger boy. He backed away at my gaze.

"Rookery saw you flying. He's coming." I began explaining. "After I escaped, I popped the tires on his vehicle. I don't know how soon he'll be here, but I tried to delay him. Please, let me help you."

"We don't need the help of some mortal." The father's words were filled with venom. I stood up.

"I hate Rookery just as much as you do!" I shouted."If anything, you can use me to trick him." I said, then froze.

"How could we use you to trick him?" The father walked closer to me.

"He...would do almost anything to take me back." My words were quiet. "I hate what he does to vampires, how he treats them so differently. I hate all of my kind." My words were harsh yet sincere. "Let me help you. Let me stay here away from them." I begged.

They stayed quiet.